• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please critique fit

LukeM

Reaction score
I just received my BB Milano chinos. I know they need to be hemmed but I was wondering if I should return them and get a pair with tighter thighs and lower rise (I am very slim 154lbs. 6ft with most of my fat in my thighs) 32x34

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they are fine. Could the fit be better? Yes. Have I seen worse fits? Hell yeah. I think you are good to go. Nice pants BTW.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
I think they are fine. Could the fit be better? Yes. Have I seen worse fits? Hell yeah. I think you are good to go. Nice pants BTW.

+1. You could find something more flattering, but those still look nice.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look fine. From my experience you aren't going to find a slimmer cut than the Milanos. I have a couple pair of Mabitex which are considered "nut-hugging" tight on SF, but the Milanos I have owned in the past cause pocket flaring which the Mabitex don't do on me.

So basically unless the waist on these is really loose (which it doesn't look like it is), I'm not sure you can size down and get away with it. I say stick with them, they look fine!

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
They look fine. From my experience you aren't going to find a slimmer cut than the Milanos. I have a couple pair of Mabitex which are considered "nut-hugging" tight on SF, but the Milanos I have owned in the past cause pocket flaring which the Mabitex don't do on me.

So basically unless the waist on these is really loose (which it doesn't look like it is), I'm not sure you can size down and get away with it. I say stick with them, they look fine!

What causes pocket flaring? Even my pair of Incotex has a little bit of pocket flaring while standing.

sobecane

Reaction score
Just received the exact same pants in the mail last night and wore them to work today. I really like them and might have to buy a couple more pairs.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
What causes pocket flaring? Even my pair of Incotex has a little bit of pocket flaring while standing.

I'm far from an expert on the subject but I think it's just how slim they are cut in the thighs?

Lord Asquith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
The waist is too tight. It can also be from the hips which means that you are wearing a size that is too small, there's no way you can change your pelvic bone no matter how skinny you are. Even a person with a sunken in stomach still has to consider the hip bone when buying trousers and it must fit there first. If you have this sunken in stomach like many teens then you just have to have the waist taken in but you CANNOT go to a lower size due to the hip bone size.

johnnyhooks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord Asquith
The waist is too tight. It can also be from the hips which means that you are wearing a size that is too small, there's no way you can change your pelvic bone no matter how skinny you are. Even a person with a sunken in stomach still has to consider the hip bone when buying trousers and it must fit there first. If you have this sunken in stomach like many teens then you just have to have the waist taken in but you CANNOT go to a lower size due to the hip bone size.
I am in serious in my questioning, but when you say "sunken in stomach" are you referring to a lean stomach or "six pack" ?

Lord Asquith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyhooks
I am in serious in my questioning, but when you say "sunken in stomach" are you referring to a lean stomach or "six pack" ?

I was using an extreme example just to make a point. No matter how skinny your stomach may be you still have bones in your hips and nothing will change this so you have to fit to your hips first or the pockets will flare. Then if the waist seems a bit loose you can just take it in, a very simple thing. But if you buy to fit a really small waist the hips may not fit and there's no way to correct this.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I agree with what many people have said in here. They look okay, but not great.

My comment based on what I have seen many people wear slim fit pants, NOT skinny fit pants and those I like much better. However, if you like how the pants fit on you.

Good on you....

garymyman

Reaction score
I think they look good, just a bit high in the waist if that makes sense.

My new thing is taking my Polo chinos to the tailor to have the dumpy butt taken in.
biggrin.gif
Sure it's a little weird to ask at first but well worth it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads