• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please convince me not to buy a J Crew Legacy Blazer

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need (want?) a blue blazer. Something slim, narrow lapels, etc...

Buying something from J Crew is easy and convenient. It "looks" right.... But I suspect this blazer may not be worth the $$. Especially at full retail.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...1509/21509.jsp

Help a brother. Where else can I go?

Thanks.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks terrible even on that model.

Poindexter

Reaction score
I agree. Even in the current 'jacket a size too small' fashion, it's a hideous fit. Pull marks everywhere, skirt two inches above the crotch, quarters open three inches above the belt buckle, it's tragic. And this is the PR pic!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better off buying a blazer at Howard Yount when they come in.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, that looks bad!

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not? Well, wearing that jacket would be damned expensive due to the cocaine it would require to fit into the thing.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks dreadful - if they cannot model their crap better then you should take the hint and go else where.

How many brothers do you have to expect numerous opinions of here?

Knucklehead

Reaction score
I've never like the fit of J Crew SCs. Glad to see I have some people who agree.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try it on in the store. If it fits better than that online picture, and you feel the quality is acceptable, then pull the trigger. Value is relative. Some on here won't buy less than a brand Bergdorf or Barney's would carry. Others swear by 50yo vintage stuff. You decide based upon fit and where it will be worn.

FWIW, I bought a Ludlow fit tweed SC over the winter. I'm 6', 155lbs, 39/40 jacket, 32 waist. I sort of need the waist suppression that that model has, but the jacket out of the box did not have that weird taper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics