• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please comment this Sugar Cane fit

izlat

Reaction score
I guess these Okinawas were too big for me (W32) so they have been relegated to almost exclusive house wear. Thighs looked ridiculous, mucho hip flare, etc.

However, lately I have started to think that these are quite possibly wearable in public so I wore them to work yesterday. Not sure if the fit has changed enough (softened and less flare from my wear) or if I am just getting used to the look / fit.

So, please comment - how does this silhouette look to you?

SCFit.jpg

I would prefer better hug - slimmer thighs and waist. Maybe I can achieve some shrinking with 10 or so washes but who wants to do this to a pair of new SCs
eh.gif

It's just that this looks like I'm bottom-heavy and prefer narrow waist / ass + wider shoulders

Thanks!

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
The picture's dark so it's hard to tell how it looks. Some proportions look a little off, but it may just be the picture.

izlat

Reaction score
^ ya - I tried to take the photo against the light exactly so that people can focus on the silhouette - my logic was that colors would distract from the lines

So what looks off to you?
thnaks

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Yea, fit COULD be better...but I wouldn't think it embarassing to wear out in public. They're still better than a LOT of what you see on other people.

Crooow

Reaction score
So many of the denim fit pictures we see are skin-tight, hipster rock-star fits that it's easy to lose perspective on a normal fit for jeans for the rest of the world. Those look perfectly OK to me to wear out in public. I don't think they are going to win any awards or be plastered on billboards, but I would wear them without hesitation.

Brutus

Reaction score
If you wanted "hug" then the Okinawa probably isn't the cut you were looking for...or pretty much any SC model. Okinawas are best described as "anti fit" which to me matches well with the old style cuts which I believe is how they designed the Okinawa.

That said they look fine and will look better over time as they loosed up and drape a little better. When I first got mine I thought the same thing. I think my mind described them as clown pants but it reality they looked fine then and they look great now. The thing that sets these jeans apart from all others is the denim itself. Completely unique. That's why you wear them, not for the silhouette.

izlat

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback!

Brutus - yes, I have seen your SC in the WAYWT thread
smile.gif
Absolutely agree that the fabric is unique and awesome. Comparing to my Nudie Slim Jim (there's the hug for me) and any other jeans that I have / had (regular 501s, Diesels, 74AM, etc.), the Okinawas are really many levels above in quality and detail.

I guess I just need to wear them more and get more accustomed to the look. Truth is, I don't (yet) feel very comfortable / confident in them and this is the major problem. Until I get over this, I won't look as good in them as I otherwise could
smile.gif

batorizer

Reaction score
I think they look great. It's a nice straight-leg vintage style fit; the way a 501 type jean should fit IMO.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those look like a nice reprofit.. no problem with hip flare imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads