• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please comment this Canali suit

Siggy

Reaction score
Looks decent if you like pinstripes and the cut of Canali. Every Canali I ever tried on looked a bit too square and boxy on me. Canali is just kinda "meh" for me. I like the look of the fabric though.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

K

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good suit for a good price, but the Super 150s concerns me if you plan on wearing the suit often.

vince321

Reaction score
It's a nice suit and Canali for the most part makes a very nice product. With the 25% cash back a person can get with Live.com, the deal is not bad. If it wasn't black.................I may consider the purchase myself.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good price for the Canali Exclusive Collection line. Their fabrics are much nicer than the regular Canalis and more importantly, they have nice buttons, unlike mainline Canali that have the cheapest buttons of $1,000+ jackets.

The real question though is do you want a suit in S150s?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d-fens
it's not. period

Ohhh, well ok then.. \\/\\/hateva!

More creative than the usual spam, but a dude shows up and first post is a link to an eBay auction? Yeah, it might not be, but I'd say good chance.

Anywhoo, nice suit.

K

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Keep in mind that is only a Drop 4!
The average 40 is a drop 6 or 7, and perhaps that is why the price is so low on this suit.

Do you wear a 40 jacket and 36 pants?
Trying to make a drop 4 look like a drop 7 may be tough and will require really good tailoring.

d-fens

Reaction score
thanks, tags say its 42R and listing that it has 46 inch actual chest - I'm a bit confused why it says 40 in the auction title. I have 34' waist and 43' chest

d-fens

Reaction score
Ohhh, well ok then.. \\/\\/hateva!

More creative than the usual spam, but a dude shows up and first post is a link to an eBay auction? Yeah, it might not be, but I'd say good chance.

Anywhoo, nice suit.

K
I got your point now, guess I was to lazy to just copy and paste the pictures

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
..... tags say its 42R.... I'm a bit confused why it says 40 in the auction title......

Just took a second glance,

Shoulder-measured across at the widest point of the shoulder:19.75"

Pretty big for a 40r!
I love these guys that list two sizes to up the chances of a sale and leave you with a nasty tailoring job.
Walk away from it.

bobbers

Reaction score
thanks, tags say its 42R and listing that it has 46 inch actual chest - I'm a bit confused why it says 40 in the auction title. I have 34' waist and 43' chest

The tag reads Italian 52R. I believe the quick conversion is to subtract 10-12 to get the equivalent for your chest in inches, though at first glance it seems a bit sneaky to put both 40 and 42 in the listing. But then again for me, the difference in Canali is 10 to fit my bodytype but for Zegna a difference of 12 fits me well.

But that chest measurement still seems a bit big for the tagged size as well as your chest. I think you should pass on it.

mattg

Reaction score
You've got multiple sizes in the ad and a "NO REFUND" policy. Just walk.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't it obvious something is wrong when they're selling a 3 thousand dollar suit for 600 bucks? Has the average American consumer gone completely unconscious?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads