• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please can anyone help identify this brand?

jack357

Reaction score
I can't track it down as I can only make out half the label. I think it's something like '...ecker &...' New York. Thanks in advance!
IMG_5582.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's Bleecker & Broad

jack357

Reaction score
Thanks so much, appreciate it! I can only assume they're not trading any more because there's hardly anything on Google about the label. Guess I'll have to look out for something similar elsewhere. Cheers.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much, appreciate it! I can only assume they're not trading any more because there's hardly anything on Google about the label. Guess I'll have to look out for something similar elsewhere. Cheers.

If you like the jacket and that type of look, try Woolrich.

jack357

Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice one, thanks Phileas. For some reason I'm less keen on that particular jacket - possibly a less subtle pattern - but I like the rest of the stuff very much. Good call.

there’s also LLBean. Good luck.

paxonus

Reaction score
Take a look at Pendleton. Much of their plaid has the fading pattern quite similar to your example.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When looking for a jacket, pay attention to the silhouette. Heritage brands like LL Bean and Pendleton fit kind of baggy, which can be fine if that's the look you want to achieve. Bleeker was aimed at a younger market and had more of a slim cut.

This isn't the right season for that kind of jacket, so you will have a hard time finding something similar. That's more of a fall/winter piece and stores are now getting their spring/summer deliveries. Later this year, you can try browsing East Dane, a big online retailer. They often have jackets that are somewhat like the one you posted, but higher-end (both in build quality and price).

If you want to search around, Google "red shadow plaid jacket." "Shadow plaid" is the pattern in your photo.

jack357

Reaction score
When looking for a jacket, pay attention to the silhouette. Heritage brands like LL Bean and Pendleton fit kind of baggy, which can be fine if that's the look you want to achieve. Bleeker was aimed at a younger market and had more of a slim cut.

This isn't the right season for that kind of jacket, so you will have a hard time finding something similar. That's more of a fall/winter piece and stores are now getting their spring/summer deliveries. Later this year, you can try browsing East Dane, a big online retailer. They often have jackets that are somewhat like the one you posted, but higher-end (both in build quality and price).

If you want to search around, Google "red shadow plaid jacket." "Shadow plaid" is the pattern in your photo.
Yes, some good points. To be honest I hadn't set out to find something like this, but I stumbled across the picture and it stood out. When I see something that catches my eye like that I tend to buy it first and figure out when to wear it later.

I don't mind a bit of bagginess in something like this but nor would I want it to be too slim fitting. I see it as deliberately slightly baggy with better fitting jeans/trousers.

'Shadow plaid' is a very useful term to know - thanks. I'll keep my eye out later in the year.

Panama

Reaction score
Yes, some good points. To be honest I hadn't set out to find something like this, but I stumbled across the picture and it stood out. When I see something that catches my eye like that I tend to buy it first and figure out when to wear it later.

I don't mind a bit of bagginess in something like this but nor would I want it to be too slim fitting. I see it as deliberately slightly baggy with better fitting jeans/trousers.

'Shadow plaid' is a very useful term to know - thanks. I'll keep my eye out later in the year.
They are still available online.

paxonus

Reaction score

Also look for ombre plaid.

jack357

Reaction score
They are still available online.
Do you mean the one I posted originally? I see one in the link dieworkwear posted but it's in large unfortunately and I think it would a bit too baggy! If you know of any other source I'd love to know.

Panama

Reaction score
Do you mean the one I posted originally? I see one in the link dieworkwear posted but it's in large unfortunately and I think it would a bit too baggy! If you know of any other source I'd love to know.
Bleecker and Broad is a trade mark of Sante Fe Apparel . The website of CoffeeShop Coats is owned by Santa Fe Apparel and they stock Bleecker and Broad. It's the top of my Google search.

jack357

Reaction score
Bleecker and Broad is a trade mark of Sante Fe Apparel . The website of CoffeeShop Coats is owned by Santa Fe Apparel and they stock Bleecker and Broad. It's the top of my Google search.
Amazing, thanks. Hadn't made the connection between the companies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads