• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playoff

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said before, Detroit can only beat the Spurs if they (the Pistons) are at the top of their game and the Spurs makes loads of mistakes. If the Spurs keep winning *every* matchup, this is going to be a sweep. Hopefully, Ben Wallace will start performing and the Pistons will start hitting a respectable percentage of their field goals. Sweeps make for boring t.v.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Kojii is looking like Svengali here...

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that it will be much more difficult for the Pistons to defeat the Spurs than it was to defeat my Lakers last year.  The Lakers were a great team plagued by injury and lack of discipline or any kind of moral fortitude.  They had a tough Western C. finals, and in the Finals, already drained, once they started losing, it was all over.  
Totally agree. With Karl Malone playing, the Lakers would have won that series in 6 or 7. I hated Malone growing up, but he really did hold the Lakers together last year. When he went down, it was like when Bryon Scott went down. Until that point, the Lakers hadn't lost a single game in the playoffs that year but ended up losing to the Pistons in the Finals.

Frankly, I find the Pistons over rated. They beat a Lakers team last year that was missing Karl Malone. This year, they beat an Indiana team that had their best player, Ron Artest, suspended the rest of the year. And, Indy's best player on the court, Jermaine O'Neal was injured. Then, they played a Miami team where their best player Shaq was injured and was only 70% healthy. If Shaq had been Shaq, Miami would have easily won that series. And, Detriot also needed Dwade to get hurt as well. If he had been healthy the entire series, Miami ends up winning.

For the Pistons to win, they'd need Duncan, Ginolbi, or Parker to get injured.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ June 10 2005,14:55) I think that it will be much more difficult for the Pistons to defeat the Spurs than it was to defeat my Lakers last year. Â The Lakers were a great team plagued by injury and lack of discipline or any kind of moral fortitude. Â They had a tough Western C. finals, and in the Finals, already drained, once they started losing, it was all over. Â
Totally agree. With Karl Malone playing, the Lakers would have won that series in 6 or 7. I hated Malone growing up, but he really did hold the Lakers together last year. When he went down, it was like when Bryon Scott went down. Until that point, the Lakers hadn't lost a single game in the playoffs that year but ended up losing to the Pistons in the Finals. Frankly, I find the Pistons over rated. They beat a Lakers team last year that was missing Karl Malone. This year, they beat an Indiana team that had their best player, Ron Artest, suspended the rest of the year. And, Indy's best player on the court, Jermaine O'Neal was injured. Then, they played a Miami team where their best player Shaq was injured and was only 70% healthy. If Shaq had been Shaq, Miami would have easily won that series. And, Detriot also needed Dwade to get hurt as well. If he had been healthy the entire series, Miami ends up winning. For the Pistons to win, they'd need Duncan, Ginolbi, or Parker to get injured.
I'd say that the way they are playing, Detroit needs at least two of the three injured, perhaps even all three. I mean, Nazr Mohammed is beating Ben Wallace the way Ben shut down Shaq last year (bad comparison, but you know what I mean.) The Spurs are winning every single matchup right now, hands down.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ June 09 2005,19:14) So WHERE could i listen to playoff? I follow them on yahoo so it would be better with the sound.
The NBA is super anal about both radio and TV broadcast rights. Â If you can't find it locally or on cable, it's pretty unlikely you'll be able to find an internet feed of it. dan
I have found it on the net.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know why i don't bet money on sport .

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
It is obvious the Spurs fed off the crowd in games 1 and 2. With the next couple in Detroit, the Pistons should be able to do the same thing. If SA is good enough to win 3 in a row, so are the Pistons. We have the them right where we want them. We can't plan any worse and they cann't play any better. Detroit plays best with their backs to the wall. I feel confident in a Game 3 victory for Detroit tonight.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The NBA is super anal about both radio and TV broadcast rights. Â If you can't find it locally or on cable, it's pretty unlikely you'll be able to find an internet feed of it.
I have found it on the net.
Really? Â Could you give me the URL?

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Detroit came back stong in Game 3. Can they do it again in Game 4?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They won game 3, but not with the ease that SA won the first two games. I don't think Detroit can win all three of their home games. I think that if the series goes back to SA, it will go back with Detroit still trailing.

dan

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how many you win by as long as you win. Winning by 1 0r 25 is the same. The same goes for losing a game. Losing by 1 or 20 is still a loss. They don't count how many you win by, but by how many games you win.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course that's true. I'm saying the apparent ease with which SA dispatched Detroit in the first two games leads me to that SA is far more likely to win road games in this series than Detroit.

Eric

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how many you win by as long as you win. Winning by 1 0r 25 is the same. The same goes for losing a game. Losing by 1 or 20 is still a loss. They don't count how many you win by, but by how many games you win.
Que Vin Diesel:

"It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning, RRaaaaRRRR."

LOL

I missed Game 3, if they can win Game 4 we'll have a series.

E

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two items - did anyone see the jacket on "Hit Man" Hearns? It looks like the horizontals don't match up.

And on Al Michaels, check out the difference between the color of his hands, and the color of his face.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(mrgoblueguy @ June 15 2005,06:21) It doesn't matter how many you win by as long as you win. Winning by 1 0r 25 is the same. The same goes for losing a game. Losing by 1 or 20 is still a loss. They don't count how many you win by, but by how many games you win.
Que Vin Diesel: "It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning, RRaaaaRRRR." LOL I missed Game 3, if they can win Game 4 we'll have a series. E
We officially have a series. koji

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics