• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plato's Closet

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have three B.Son pieces from Fall/Winter of 2007 that I no longer wear. The rolled collar three button cardigan in smoke, the zip mock turtle neck hoodie in blue, and the infamous light grey cowl neck piece. The reselling process to Plato's Closet looks like a pain **********, and even worse they mostly want "douchebag" brands. Is the potential payout from Plato's worth it, or should I just give all of this to Goodwill?

JO3B

Reaction score
why don't you just use the buy sell forum...

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I have three B.Son pieces from Fall/Winter of 2007 that I no longer wear. The rolled collar three button cardigan in smoke, the zip mock turtle neck hoodie in blue, and the infamous light grey cowl neck piece. The reselling process to Plato's Closet looks like a pain **********, and even worse they mostly want "douchebag" brands. Is the potential payout from Plato's worth it, or should I just give all of this to Goodwill?

Not at all....

I've been selling some clothes recently, and ended up going in there yesterday. The first thing I was told is "the only button ups we buy are A&F, just to let you know". I'm pretty sure they pay you $5 for "designer" clothes (A&F, Hollister), and $1 for everything else (Old Navy, Target brand). I sold some Paper denim, and I think they added $1 for it being a "really nice designer" (
crackup[1].gif
).

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No! Not worth the hassle at all. I went to a Plato's in my area about a month ago. I had in hand a bunch of jackets, ties, shirts and trousers. They said they couldn't take them because they were considered "too formal". The store only carries brand name clothing geared towards high school students. I would not bother if I were you. I ended up giving my clothes to people who needed them at work.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
If you aren't able to sell them on the B&S forum take them to a consignment store. They might not give you what your pieces are worth, but they'll give you a much better price than plato's closet. Platos closet gives you nothing.

robbie

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will Plato's Closet even take stuff from B. Son?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't give to goodwill! I will take them - and pay for shipping!

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
put em up in b & s............

-------------_______________________________________________________-------------

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Don't give to goodwill! I will take them - and pay for shipping!

damn that's what i was leading up too! oh well, i say either sell them or give them a good home to one of your fellow sfers...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics