• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plastic Surgery

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Anybody here done it? Happy with the results?

Thinking of doing it a couple years from now as a birthday gift to myself.

Last edited:

rokr32

Reaction score
what were you thinking on getting done?

I had a rhinoseptoplasty to fix breathing issues and said "what the hell" and got a nose job with it too. I am happy with the results, but to a certain extent only. I'm probably going to get a revision in the next year because my breathing improved, but I feel it can improve much, much more and you don't know how frustrating it is to only breathe from one nostril (and the other when it decides it wants to work) and having to use your mouth all the time.

With that said, plastic surgery is almost never going to get you to perfection; you should only see it as an improvement to what you have. If you keep obsessing about it and searching for perfection, while you might get lucky, the vast majority of the time you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

what were you thinking on getting done?

I had a rhinoseptoplasty to fix breathing issues and said "what the hell" and got a nose job with it too. I am happy with the results, but to a certain extent only. I'm probably going to get a revision in the next year because my breathing improved, but I feel it can improve much, much more and you don't know how frustrating it is to only breathe from one nostril (and the other when it decides it wants to work) and having to use your mouth all the time.

With that said, plastic surgery is almost never going to get you to perfection; you should only see it as an improvement to what you have. If you keep obsessing about it and searching for perfection, while you might get lucky, the vast majority of the time you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment. At least that's how I see it.

Never liked my nose. I wouldn't expect a big difference but a small one. You're saying there's a good chance it wouldn't even look better, but worse?

Last edited:

rokr32

Reaction score
Never liked my nose. I wouldn't expect a big difference but a small one. You're saying there's a good chance it wouldn't even look better, but worse?

It really varies. Depending on what you'd like to get done (make the nose longer, lower the tip, make it more narrow, remove a hump, fix nostrils, etc.) the surgery can be very invasive (requiring cartilage from your septum, ear or ribs to reconstruct things) or minimally invasive.

Ask ANY plastic surgeon what the most difficult procedure is in cosmetic surgery, and they'll all say it's rinoplasty. You can even google it if you don't believe me. The reason for this is because your nose is right in the middle of your face, and any small error will show . Also, another aspect of this that makes it very challenging is that once your surgeon finishes up his job, it's now the body's turn to heal itself to determine the final outcome, which may take up to a year due to the swelling.

But by all means, i'm not saying there's a good chance it would look worse. Most plastic surgeons advertise the revision rate at about 10-15%, but if I had to estimate, i'd say it's around 20-25%. However, since you claim what you'd like to do would be small, i'm assuming there's less chance for error. Let me know of any other questions you might have. I hope i didn't ruin this idea for you.
Yeah you'll end up looking like Joan Rivers.
laugh.gif

6241.gif
Indeed
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

wha? you ahve a perfectly nice nose

Kind of you to say, but I really don't like my profile and bad lighting accentuates my bridge. Anyway, thanks for the replies, I'll ruminate on this for a while.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would Owen Wilson do?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah that mole freaked me out in batman.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well tbh i think you'se a handsome dude (no ****) and imho happiness is independent of how beautiful you think you are, but if you think it'll make you happy go for it.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always wonder why certain celebs don't fix things like that. Also, Christian Bale's mole on his nose right near his eye.

I think it's great they don't fix it. Shows real self-confidence.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eason trying to suppress the Joo

Satorialist

Reaction score
Quick story with a word of caution: My ex's best friend had a dominate (big) nose. Front-on it wasn't bad (it was large but thin, not heavy-looking on her thin frame/face) so she was still attractive, but profile-on it was the dominating feature...she ultimately decided to have work done. I have no idea what she thinks of the result of the $8k+ surgery (what she paid 5 years ago to an experienced surgeon in poshest area of big city in the midwest) but when we all first saw her with the bandage off; I thought it was worse. Her new nose resembled a pigs nose (my opinion). Flattened and swollen/thick in appearance, stretched pointing upward in an unflattering way. I have no idea if the surgery went as planned and the result was intended.... but for several weeks post surgery her attitude changed, she acted way more humble than her usual **** self so she must have secretly thought/knew it wasn't what it was supposed to be.

The lesson is regardless of the surgeons skill, things can and do go wrong. It's common sense but I repeat it nonetheless. My thought is that no one should go under the knife without first willing to accept and own a worse result. That goes for any type of surgery, cosmetic or otherwise--though cosmetic principally as it's wholly elective.

Regardless, definitely go for the 3rd penis (re)enlargement surgery you've been wanting needing.

Last edited:

Maximator

Reaction score
I think that whoever said that "Plastic surgeons are psychologists that use different tools" got it absolutely right. This obviously goes a lot more for cosmetic surgery(aka boob/nose job, tummy tuck etc) than for reconstructive surgery(fixing burn victims, removing surgical scarring, etc).

So unless you're REALLY REALLY ugly or have a valid medical reason to go under the knife, I believe your problem is in your head, not your body. That is not to say that the problem is less valid, and that you shouldn't do anything about it, but I think it's important to think about.

Maximator.

nystyle86

Reaction score
I'd add by saying don't rush into surgery. Some "light procedures" like botox and fillers and lasers involve less risk, but anything under the knife is serious and permanent. Address your insecurities about your body with psychological therapy first. If therapy does not help you, only then should you consider surgery. I feel like a lot of people that go under the knife don't even have serious distress about their body image. I know several people that went under the knife for nose jobs, some came out great, some OK and others required revision. The nose is very difficult to work on so take extra time to pick your surgeon and don't look at how cheap it is. You also should be careful of those "celeb surgeons" because a lot of them are all about being flashy and marketable but their skill does not standout from their peers who don't work in posh settings and don't spend a lot on TV and magazine exposure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads