• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plastic eyeglass frames for asian noses

skinnyman

Reaction score
Seems to be a very common problem for asian people trying on eyeglasses. Most plastic frames don't sit right on our faces because our nose bridges are smaller or flatter. Hopefully this thread will help you if you're in this situation! I walked into a great optical store in Toronto and stumbled upon the Oslo by Salt Optics. I had seen it on the website, but didn't think they would work out from the looks of the pictures. They turned out to be the best fitting plastic frames I had ever tried on!
oslo1.jpg
They probably work because the part that goes over the nose is a little bit lower compared to other frames. Any one have other frames that have worked for them?

ryangong

Reaction score
If you happen to be traveling to Japan (or Tokyo specifically), there's an Oliver Peoples store in Aoyama. They sell the same frames as the ones in the states, only that the nose 'cushions' (whatever you call them) protrude out alot more than their american counterparts, albeit to account for smaller asian noses.

rolling green

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one. My plastic frames sit so close to my face my eyelashes hit the lenses!. Skinnyman post some fit pics if you get a chance. For sunglasses I wear oakley's asian fit line.....narrow bridge really helps.

Cheezburger

Reaction score
The key is to buy a Japanese brand. I tried on a Spivvy and another brand that I can't remember and the bridge definitely fit better than the one I'm wearing right now.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wearing these in brown.
dannee-45-black-1.jpg
edit: I'm also not asian.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I seem to have a bit of the same problem, with plastic frames so close to my face that my eyelashes touch, especially with sunglasses. I found that some Salts I purchased recently work for me.

PolePosition

Reaction score
I gave up on finding Asian nose/face friendly glasses lol. Just simply doesn't exist for those that have low to no nose bridge. They either slide off, or they are so close to the face that eyelashes touch...many Asians actually have somewhat of a nose bridge to wear glasses but those of us that don't are just screwed... I went with contacts :p

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ingraman
Anyone tried something like this: http://www.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/se...nose.html#none Seems reputable, but you never know.
Years ago my optician glued something similar onto the nose pad area of my glasses. It worked. I don't have those frames anymore, but try asking your optician if they have it. Thanks for reminding me of this option. I might try it for one of my older frames.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My local optician is able to send plastic eye glasses to a local guy who saws off the short nose bridges and attaches a newer, longer metal nose bridge with regular nose pads to accommodate Asian noses. My girlfriend has used this option because of her very Asian nose and the results are quite good. I will try to get a picture of her Gucci (/cough) frames soon.

The other option already mentioned is to get Japanese frames. The Raybans made for the japanese market have longer nose bridge.. my RB5109s work well for me. Check out this website http://www.opt-couturier.com/index.html for a huge selection of Japanese handmade frames. Someone who gets a frame proxied should post a review!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads