• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plastic eyeglass frames for asian noses

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my mother went and asked the family optometrist for my prescription and got new eyeglasses made up for me for Christmas (bless her heart). But the problem is, my ears are uneven and require adjustment of the temple arms to fit properly. The frames she chose do not have that 'adjustable hinge' I have on my current ones. I'd like to be able to wear her gift, and the design she chose does look fairly nice. Is there a way to remake them such that I can adjust the temple arms?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So my mother went and asked the family optometrist for my prescription and got new eyeglasses made up for me for Christmas (bless her heart). But the problem is, my ears are uneven and require adjustment of the temple arms to fit properly. The frames she chose do not have that 'adjustable hinge' I have on my current ones. I'd like to be able to wear her gift, and the design she chose does look fairly nice. Is there a way to remake them such that I can adjust the temple arms?

Just take it to any dispensing optometrist or optical and they will be able to do it no problem.

jchang

Reaction score
Just came across an awesome new eyewear line - each plastic frame can be ordered with or without nosepads. It's called Alexander Daas. The frames are super comfortable and very well made. This nosepad option is great for an asian bridge. http://alexanderdaas.com

jchang

Reaction score
Just came across an awesome new eyewear line - each plastic frame can be ordered with or without nosepads. It's called Alexander Daas. The frames are super comfortable and very well made. This nosepad option is great for an asian bridge. http://alexanderdaas.com

Clyde

Reaction score
Lots of places do custom glasses now for barely more than a good designer pair.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally just wear frames so large they sit on my cheek bones instead of my nose.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I personally just wear frames so large they sit on my cheek bones instead of my nose.

That leaves big nasty red marks on your cheeks, though.

I ended up with a pair of oversized Prada back in 2007. They're goofy but functional (and ******* expensive. . :() I went and tried the "New Wayfarer" from Ray-ban last week and it was so dwarfed, even in the largest sized, by my face that it was comical. You'd think with a couple billion people there'd be a very large market for Asian fit sunglasses, or at least importing a full-line. I bet an asian-fit specialty shop/cart in West LA or K-Town would do gangbusters...

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rounder, more circular face = rectangular frames?

I imagine getting Lemtosh's would make a round face even rounder.

tedbearz

Reaction score
Anyone here Try Warby Parker or ClassicSpecs etc recently.? Wondering if any of the models would work without undergoing the nosepad modification.

Last edited:

jenbug168

Reaction score
I use these on all my plastic frames -- http://chamightlike.com/collections/keepons
They come in multiple colors, including clear and black.

They work on the principle that the rubber stoppers placed on the eyeglass arms stop the glasses from slipping down your nose. Sort of like the glasses you had as a kid that hooked all the way around your ear so they wouldn't fall off. It took a while for my order to get shipped from Hong Kong, but well worth the wait. I have them on 3 pairs of plastic frame glasses that I'd ordered because they were cute, but couldn't stay on my face more than 5 minutes before I got so annoyed that I'd want to rip them off.

Simple concept, and you don't see the stoppers behind your ear. They work really well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads