Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Plastic eyeglass frames for asian noses

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by skinnyman, Jan 7, 2009.

1. uvmboi13

uvmboi13 Senior member

I was stuck in a huge decision a few weeks ago;

Either I get glasses with nose pads and be comfortable BUT have them get all yucky over time OR...

Get glasses that are always sliding down without nose pads BUT there is nothing to get dirty...

Chose the non-nosepad frames.

2. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

3. RyanLeez0r

RyanLeez0r Active Member

has anyone found any shops in Toronto that carry glasses that would fit my asian face?

anyone tried chinatown (dundas/spadina) or pacific mall?

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

info on glasses please [​IMG]
    glasses do look like the moscot dannee, as indesertum has said ps. if you looked at the file name, it says dannee [​IMG]

5. RyanLeez0r

RyanLeez0r Active Member

has anyone found any shops in Toronto that carry glasses that would fit my asian face?

or even online!?!?!!?

6. RyanLeez0r

RyanLeez0r Active Member

for all you Torontonians.

Pacific mall will send your glasses away and put nose pads on them to fit your face. There are also a couple of stores in mississauga that do the same for an added cost of $100 dollars. If i find the names of these stores i'll post.

7. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Any good places in DC or NoVA?

8. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

can anyone post pictures of installed nosepad arms on a pair of plastic frame glasses. i'm considering this route, but i imagine a plastic frame may look weird with this addition. thanks in advance.

It will not be the same image. It will look like it is lifting off the face. But it is a solution to the problem.

9. CityConnection

Chinatown optical sells decent stuff. Pac Mall is a horror. You will find fakes and poor products. You might hit a great deal or get ripped off with a fake. Adding pad arms to your glasses should cost more than $50 or so. $100 is a bit steep.

If you have a low nose bridge it is not wise to buy online because you can't try them on.

Another few lines to keep out a look for are: O&X, Kio Yamato, Prodesign, Coach and Fendi (for females), and MODO. Most of them will have pretty good nose bridges or in Prodesign's case, pad arms.

10. redzapper

redzapper Senior member

^ Agree on O&X. A lot of their plastic frames come with nose pads.

11. CityConnection

^ Agree on O&X. A lot of their plastic frames come with nose pads.

They don't come with nose pads per se but they do build up the bridges a bit so that they sit higher.

12. redzapper

redzapper Senior member

They don't come with nose pads per se but they do build up the bridges a bit so that they sit higher.

You're right. I was thinking of frames like these

[​IMG]

13. spertia

spertia Senior member

Not sure of the details as to what the specific difference is (I'm not Asian), but I recently purchased a pair of plastic frames from the Germany company Mykita, and there was a piece of paper included that had a "bridge" checkbox for either "Asian" or "standard."

14. CityConnection

Not sure of the details as to what the specific difference is (I'm not Asian), but I recently purchased a pair of plastic frames from the Germany company Mykita, and there was a piece of paper included that had a "bridge" checkbox for either "Asian" or "standard."

That is great to know. Usually on plastic frames they will have a nose bridge designed for flatter nose bidges. I wonder if Mykita will add pad arms though....

15. suneo

suneo New Member

oh shiii
    Thought I was the only asian out there that wasn't cut out for plastic frames cuz none of the ones I tried on fit too well at the shop. Then thought no way cuz I see everybody wearing them lol.

I guess the shop didn't have too many japanese brands or ones with an asian fit style, but they did tell me that they can grind down the plastic pads and install adjustable pads. Been debating whether I should try it out on some frames that I chose despite the only ok fit since I figure they might look too out of place. After hearing how they look subtle and not so weird at all on this forum though, I'm leaning towards having it done.

Would anybody happen to have any pictures of their frames that had this surgery done? Also does anybody know how secure the additional nosepad arms are? Like they don't seem fragile enough to break off from accidentally falling asleep and rolling my face around? (Happens all the time with my metal frames but thank goodness for flexible frames lol)

Would the stick on nosepads be a better alternative to try first? If it'll prevent sliding down the nose, making the overall bridge narrower and have the glasses sit farther away from my long eyelashes that'll be just dandy.