• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plal.com

Cpal

Reaction score
I've seen a few references here and there - my concern is that "it seems too good" and, recognizing that this is not always a bad thing, I wanted to get some feedback from those who might have transacted with them in the past.

C&J handgrades for $350 including shipping seems like a bargain.

Thanks.

rayk

Reaction score
A number of posters have affirmed the integrity of Plal; I've just ordered a pair (replacement) of black handgrade Whithall.  This is my first order from this seller, and, as you, I hope that they're as honorable as I've come to believe them to be.  I feel safe ordering from them: believe me, were they disreputable, you would have heard about it here.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my hand grade whitehall crockett and jones shoes from plal.com GREAT experience...think i paid total of about $280 at the time; via ben silver they are $425, i think.

the gentleman who assisted me gave great guidance on sizing, etc. and answered all of my questions. shipping was quick, done thru DHL worldwide shipping, i think.

MPS

Reaction score
I bought my C & J Weymouths from PLal. I would certainly recommend them.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've received a pair of C&J Chelsea boots from plal and expect to receive a pair of brogues shortly from them. Next on order will be a pair of Weymouths. Communication is courteous and helpful, delivery (to Canada) has been prompt. Don't see how you can go wrong...

Cpal

Reaction score
How does delivery to the US work? Do the shoes arrive in Customs requiring me to have someone act as "an agent for me to import them" or do they make it through the process and arrive on my doorstep?

Sorry for the odd question just trying to understand the process better.

Thanks.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does delivery to the US work?  Do the shoes arrive in Customs requiring me to have someone act as "an agent for me to import them" or do they make it through the process and arrive on my doorstep?

Sorry for the odd question just trying to understand the process better.

Thanks.
I've never had any problem. The Post Office just ships them right to my door and never charges me even a peso. The Downings I just bought the postman left one of those yellow slips. I went to the post office the next day, signed the slip and picked up the shoes. No customs duties owed.
Order in total confidence, these guys are great.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just sent in my order for some Audley's. I think they're going to order the stuff at the beginning of April, so anyone who wants to give them a try still has time to do so.

I'm excited. This will be my first pair of honest-to-goodness dress shoes.

Cpal

Reaction score
They've got my order in for April / May delivery - a pair of Audleys and a pair of Belgraves.

Now I sit and eagerly wait ...

Thanks again.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forum Necromancy. Instead of posting a new thread, I figure I'd raise an old one from the dead. Here are my shoes from Plal, C&J Handgrade "Audley" model, after a spit-shine and a stroll:
audley.jpg
I heeded the warnings about the Handgrades running a bit snug, so I went with a UK 6.5E instead of my usual UK 6E. Still, these shoes are a bit spacious, and I wonder if a 6E would have been better. But what the heck. These are absolutely beautiful shoes. I hope they'll last me a long, long time. Edit: By "a bit spacious" I mean something that can easily be solved by wearing thicker socks other than the very thin ones I wore these shoes with.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Here are my shoes from Plal, C&J Handgrade "Audley" model, after a spit-shine and a stroll:
Very nice. Should look great with the blue suit you posted earlier.

regularjoe

Reaction score
Very nice. Makes me want to revise my budget so I can get shoes like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads