Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Plain well-fitting T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by MysticAura, Aug 7, 2006.

1. MysticAura

MysticAura Senior member

Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding well fitting T-shirts. I'm fairly skinny about a 38" chest and small arms. What do you suggest in terms of T-shirts that stretch just a little bit to emphasize your muscles? Would American Apparel work? Any other brand suggestions? Thanks!

2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

american apparel. OOOO and use the SEARCH feature located at the top of the page.

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Yeah, really. We answered this question in several-page depth not too long ago.

4. sonick

sonick Senior member

American Apparel for a more fitted/stretchy t-shirt.

Gap Athletic fit for a more relaxed (but definitely not baggy) fit.

5. Soph

Soph Senior member

BR stretch with lycra 5% show the guns well

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding well fitting T-shirts. I'm fairly skinny about a 38" chest and small arms. What do you suggest in terms of T-shirts that stretch just a little bit to emphasize your muscles? Would American Apparel work? Any other brand suggestions? Thanks!

The Target line that has the 7% lycra in it. Only in white and black, though.

7. dieseljunkie

dieseljunkie New Member

Banana republic tees are great & always on sale[​IMG]

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

9. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Gap stretch fit shirts are amazing. I own at least one of every color they offer. They're far better than the athletic fits and I actually like them more than Apparel.

10. corbu

corbu Senior member

I personally prefer Gap's athletic cut but will be trying out AA's shirts (finally moved to a place that has one nearby).

Do AA shirts tend to shrink significantly?

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I personally prefer Gap's athletic cut but will be trying out AA's shirts (finally moved to a place that has one nearby).

Do AA shirts tend to shrink significantly?

You're new so I won't yell. This time. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...highlight=YQUE

12. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I think you need to have muscles before you can emphasize them.

13. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

I think you need to have muscles before you can emphasize them.
    One thing I've noticed since I've cut from being strong/muscular/puffy to weak/skinny/lean is that I have much better "muscle definition" due to low bodyfat. I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, and obviously weak like chicken, but I actually look more "muscular" than when I was much bigger and stronger. See also Brad Pitt in Fight Club, where he was 6'-whatever and 155 lbs.

I would have looked like shit in a very fitted t-shirt when I was bigger and stronger, but now I look so good it's scandalous.

14. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

One thing I've noticed since I've cut from being strong/muscular/puffy to weak/skinny/lean is that I have much better "muscle definition" due to low bodyfat. I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, and obviously weak like chicken, but I actually look more "muscular" than when I was much bigger and stronger. See also Brad Pitt in Fight Club, where he was 6'-whatever and 155 lbs.

I would have looked like shit in a very fitted t-shirt when I was bigger and stronger, but now I look so good it's scandalous.

I've just realised this and am putting some more effort into building muscle definition. I'm not willing to put in the effort to become strong, but I am to produce the appearance of muscle; one of the very few benefits of weighing 130lbs [​IMG]