• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Plain well-fitting T-shirts

MysticAura

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding well fitting T-shirts. I'm fairly skinny about a 38" chest and small arms. What do you suggest in terms of T-shirts that stretch just a little bit to emphasize your muscles? Would American Apparel work? Any other brand suggestions? Thanks!

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
american apparel. OOOO and use the SEARCH feature located at the top of the page.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Apparel for a more fitted/stretchy t-shirt.

Gap Athletic fit for a more relaxed (but definitely not baggy) fit.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BR stretch with lycra 5% show the guns well

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MysticAura
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding well fitting T-shirts. I'm fairly skinny about a 38" chest and small arms. What do you suggest in terms of T-shirts that stretch just a little bit to emphasize your muscles? Would American Apparel work? Any other brand suggestions? Thanks!

The Target line that has the 7% lycra in it. Only in white and black, though.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Gap stretch fit shirts are amazing. I own at least one of every color they offer. They're far better than the athletic fits and I actually like them more than Apparel.

corbu

Reaction score
I personally prefer Gap's athletic cut but will be trying out AA's shirts (finally moved to a place that has one nearby).

Do AA shirts tend to shrink significantly?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MysticAura
I think you need to have muscles before you can emphasize them.

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I think you need to have muscles before you can emphasize them.
One thing I've noticed since I've cut from being strong/muscular/puffy to weak/skinny/lean is that I have much better "muscle definition" due to low bodyfat. I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, and obviously weak like chicken, but I actually look more "muscular" than when I was much bigger and stronger. See also Brad Pitt in Fight Club, where he was 6'-whatever and 155 lbs.

I would have looked like shit in a very fitted t-shirt when I was bigger and stronger, but now I look so good it's scandalous.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
One thing I've noticed since I've cut from being strong/muscular/puffy to weak/skinny/lean is that I have much better "muscle definition" due to low bodyfat. I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, and obviously weak like chicken, but I actually look more "muscular" than when I was much bigger and stronger. See also Brad Pitt in Fight Club, where he was 6'-whatever and 155 lbs.

I would have looked like shit in a very fitted t-shirt when I was bigger and stronger, but now I look so good it's scandalous.

I've just realised this and am putting some more effort into building muscle definition. I'm not willing to put in the effort to become strong, but I am to produce the appearance of muscle; one of the very few benefits of weighing 130lbs

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40