• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plaid Shirt Suggestion?

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm new here.

I just want to ask for help or suggestions on how I should wear my newly bought plaid shirt.

I've worn short sleeves with designs similar to this one but this is my first time wearing a long-sleeves. I dont have any idea on how I should wear it. (tucked in/not? sleeves rolled/not? what to wear as undershirt? buttoned/not?)

Mom told me to wear this one as undershirt but well, i dont know. Should I go for this one or just wear a plain white shirt? or perhaps a black printed shirt? any suggestions please? :)

I'm planning to wear these for my upcoming christmas party. Just wanna sport a casual look so...any thoughts guys? :)
Thank you so much!

P.S.

I'm 5 foot 9 inches, medium-built body. Maybe this might help with your suggestions. :)

JW Cyrus

Reaction score
Stylistic choices aside...

If you're looking as to whether you should tuck in your shirt or leave it untucked, it will depend mainly on the length of the shirt. Maybe there is a "SF approved" rule, but as a rule of thumb for me, if the shirt goes past the top of my hips, I assume it's meant to be tucked in. I personally leave the sleeves unrolled with the shirt buttoned up while tucking in the shirt. Paired with a pair of darker jeans and brown shoes, I usually have no problems in any casual situation. Keep in mind that if you're going to tuck your shirt, you'll want your jeans to sit high enough (on or just below the waist in my case) that you can tuck it properly. Of course, if the shirt is too short to tuck in, it just is and there's not much to do about it so just let it be.

As for the undershirt, if you're going to button up the front, just make sure you can't see the collar of the undershirt, it looks tacky. Judging from your profile picture your mother was likely assuming you'd wear the shirt unbuttoned, so keep that in mind when you consider her suggestion.

Just make sure you're comfortable (partially movement wise but definitely style wise) in what you're wearing or you'll take away a lot from your look overall. You might have a long way to go before anyone will say you dress "well", but just learn one thing at a time and you'll get there.

erpet

Reaction score
You might get more constructive feed back if you post your question in the Streetwear & Denim-part of the forum.

Reaction score
You might get more constructive feed back if you post your question in the Streetwear & Denim-part of the forum.
Hi! Sorry for posting on the wrong section. Not yet quite familiar with the forum. Thanks for the reminder.

And, I do not know how I can delete this thread. I hope admins move or delete this. :) thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads