Places to go in Milan/Europe in General

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mhmiller, Sep 14, 2011.

1. mhmiller

mhmiller New Member

I'm studying abroad for the semester in Milan, Italy and wanted some insight on cool stores and more to check out there. Not so much into all those luxury brands (Gucci, Prada, etc.) but really into classic style and cool, unique stores. As I will be travelling a lot on the weekends as well, I'd love to hear recommendations on places to go, stores to check out, restaurants to eat at, bars to check out, etc. all over Europe... Nothing is off limits, so any tips are appreciated- thanks!

2. mhmiller

mhmiller New Member

Also- specifically looking for a pair of double monk strap shoes to bring home with me- any ideas?

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Zurich is not far from Milan you should check it out. It's a lot livelier than Geneva. Has a good nightlife and great stores to windowshop. It's expensive as all hell though.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

you can get pretty much anyplace from milan on a night train - anywhere in Italy, paris, zurich, munich, vienna might be a little longer. I'd hit as many european cities as you can for weekends.

in italy, don't overloop bologna, fantastic and underated city.

5. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Go to Peck.