1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Places to eat in Tucker GA area?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by marc2434, Dec 2, 2009.

1. marc2434

marc2434 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recommendations for places to eat in the Tucker GA area? I will be there for a week by myself and looking for a couple of good places I can eat alone. Maybe a steakhouse, sushi, asian? I don't know how "rural" it is there so maybe I am asking for a little too much. I know its about 20-30 minutes from Atlanta so I dont have a problem going one or two nights to Atlanta. Thanks in advance

2. dganderson

dganderson Senior member

Good luck with that. I've been to Tucker a few times for work and it's nothing to write home about. There's a place called Matthew's Cafeteria off of Main Street by the rail road tracks that serves some good southern cooking. Other than that I can't really recommend much.

3. marc2434

marc2434 Well-Known Member

^^^ Thanks. I figured as much. I will probably make the trip 1 or 2 nights into Atlanta and most likely will stick with someplace I have eaten in other cities, like Flemings or Ruths Chris. I would like to have at least one really good meal while I am there

4. dhaller

dhaller Senior member

You'll find some good mon & pop Thai and Indian places in Tucker (big Indian population around there), but really, just drive to Atlanta (Midtown and Buckhead) if you're a foodie.

Atlanta has one of the highest per capita densities of restaurants and bars in the US - it's a convention city - so just hit up Zagats or equivalent and have at it.

For steak on a megabudget, I recommend Bones [​IMG]

DH

5. tdangio

tdangio Senior member

Definitely have to get into Atlanta if you're looking for a nicer restaurant. What price range are you targeting?