Places to eat in Tucker GA area?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by marc2434, Dec 2, 2009.

1. marc2434

marc2434 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recommendations for places to eat in the Tucker GA area? I will be there for a week by myself and looking for a couple of good places I can eat alone. Maybe a steakhouse, sushi, asian? I don't know how "rural" it is there so maybe I am asking for a little too much. I know its about 20-30 minutes from Atlanta so I dont have a problem going one or two nights to Atlanta. Thanks in advance

2. dganderson

dganderson Senior member

Good luck with that. I've been to Tucker a few times for work and it's nothing to write home about. There's a place called Matthew's Cafeteria off of Main Street by the rail road tracks that serves some good southern cooking. Other than that I can't really recommend much.

3. marc2434

marc2434 Well-Known Member

^^^ Thanks. I figured as much. I will probably make the trip 1 or 2 nights into Atlanta and most likely will stick with someplace I have eaten in other cities, like Flemings or Ruths Chris. I would like to have at least one really good meal while I am there

4. dhaller

dhaller Senior member

You'll find some good mon & pop Thai and Indian places in Tucker (big Indian population around there), but really, just drive to Atlanta (Midtown and Buckhead) if you're a foodie.

Atlanta has one of the highest per capita densities of restaurants and bars in the US - it's a convention city - so just hit up Zagats or equivalent and have at it.

For steak on a megabudget, I recommend Bones [​IMG]

DH

5. tdangio

tdangio Senior member

Definitely have to get into Atlanta if you're looking for a nicer restaurant. What price range are you targeting?