1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Place to eat in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Coldsnap, Oct 2, 2009.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

hey, I'm not being exclusionary, anybody else want to have a late lunch on Tuesday?

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

you have options, check back later.

3. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I could possibly make Tuesday lunch work

4. AlvaChrish

AlvaChrish Member

Bacchanalia, Cakes and Ale, Restaurant Eugene, Bone's, Aria, Tomo, Sotto Sotto, Miller Union are some of the best eating outlets in Atlanta

5. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1 on all of those.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Which of these is best for my wife, at a trade show, staying downtown ? She will be near the Mart on Peachtree. She needs to entertain a few clients, artist and creative types.

7. edinatlanta

I'm assuming you mean Peachtree Center station?

Go to One Eared Stag. It is right next to the Inman Park Marta station. You have to take the Eastbound train four stops (tell her to wave at my house as she rides past!)

You could also go to Empire State South, it is a short walk from the Midtown Station.

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Hi All -- I'll be in the Perimeter North, business area in Atlanta next week, and am looking for a place to do a dinner for three.

I'm an adventurous foodie, and the other two are adventurous but not necessarily foodies. At first we were thinking "southern" something, but the only thing I could find close by was Roasters, and it looks too low-fi and is a chain.

I'm a fan of Tomo, but maybe that could be had anywhere. Any southern that you'd recommend in the area that's at least sort of nice? Is Colonnade a good bet? Anyone try Remi's the Persian place for something different if southern doesn't work out.

I've done Bacchanalia before, and loved it, but didn't see openings this Wednesday at the time I'd want to go.

Cheers!

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

Do you mean near Perimeter Center? You're not going to find any decent Southern food in that area. Depending upon where you're staying, you might find something that's not too far to travel, but it depends upon how far "too far" is.

10. edinatlanta

this

collonade for old-school southern food, jct for new-southern, h harper too

1 person likes this.
  11. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'd add that if you're willing to drive as far as JCT, Empire State South is definitely worth considering.

12. edinatlanta

Truth be told, ESS is superior to JCT. HOWEVER, ESS can be a pain to get to and then get a seat. If you go to JCT you can pop over to SF-favorite Sid Mashburn.

13. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I'll be at the Westin Atlanta Perimeter North. I suppose that's the perimeter center? I get a grim feeling regarding the food in the area. Ideally we wouldn't drive further than 15 minutes.

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

A fair point, though he should be able to get a reservation at ESS for a weeknight a week out.

Either way, it's academic if he doesn't want to go more than 15 minutes from Perimeter.

Yeah, you're kind of SOL. Buckhead is pretty much your only choice, and even that's pushing your 15-minute limit.

Truth be told, there are some decent restaurants in the area where you're staying, especially near the mall, but there's nothing with any real character.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  15. edinatlanta

well he will be at 285 and 400, it should be about 20 minutes to get into the city. I say go to one of the places MrG or I suggested. Just MO.