• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pizza Hut delivery drivers get mad at you because you dont tip!!

Aiwass

Reaction score
i had a pizza hut driver today act as if she got mad because i didnt give her a tip, and its not the first time, anybody else every had this experience?

when i gave her the exact change she shook her head in digust and i got offended and ask her why is she shaking her had when i had to wait almost 2 hours for my pizza and she told me to "**** off" and get in her car and slamed the door...its not like i live in a mansion or anything, why do pizza hut drivers expect tips?!

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, after 2 hours I probably wouldn't have given a tip either unless they had a really good explanation. It is standard practice to tip delivery drivers, though. It's like waitressing- that's how they get paid. Factor in the damn dip before you call to order a pizza.

Also, for your own safety, I would not order another pizza from that place after you stiffed the driver.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I think tipping is important because that might be the only way they make a living. However if it took you two hours to get your pizza, you should of jsut ordered from somwhere else or hve gotten the pizza for free.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should have promptly called the manager and ripped them a new one for the nerve of a driver to tell you to **** off. I would have had the ***** unemployed when she got back to the office. If she wanted her job back, she would have to come by and apologsize. and if she was hot, well, she better show some customer service

Aiwass

Reaction score
dirk thats funny, because i was thinking about asking her if she wanted to come in my house and "earn" her tip, but i wonder if you can go to jail for sexual harrasment if she declined, or didnt have the time

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually feel bad about not tipping because i've worked in the service industry. I would have called pizza hut long before the 2 hours to ask wtf was taking so long. if it wasn't specifically the drivers' fault, I would have tipped anyway. a couple bucks tip is nothing, and that's how they make their money. The driver had a bad attitude though.

Aiwass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I usually feel bad about not tipping because i've worked in the service industry. I would have called pizza hut long before the 2 hours to ask wtf was taking so long. if it wasn't specifically the drivers' fault, I would have tipped anyway. a couple bucks tip is nothing, and that's how they make their money. The driver had a bad attitude though.

well they said it was going to be between a hour and 45 minutes and 2 hours, you know its friday night and i still didnt tip her
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have given a tip, given the time it took. With that said, I delivered pizza for a few months in undergrad. Drivers make about 3-4 bucks an hour, and they have to drive their own cars and pay for their own gas. If you don't tip, they don't make a living. You don't have to tip like a king, about 2-3 bucks is usually appreciated, or more if you feel generous.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, dude, if you were informed that it would take 1:45-2hrs, and you were EXPECTING it to take that long, you should've tipped. If 2 hours is too long to wait, you should've cancelled your order to begin with and went with a faster delivery company.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aiwass
well they said it was going to be between a hour and 45 minutes and 2 hours, you know its friday night and i still didnt tip her
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

That's just wrong man.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dirk thats funny, because i was thinking about asking her if she wanted to come in my house and "earn" her tip, but i wonder if you can go to jail for sexual harrasment if she declined, or didnt have the time

you are not in a position of authority to sexual harrass her so no, you wouldn't go to jail (unless she accused you ****, and then you are so fucked anyhow).

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

And suddenly a new candidate emerges for top Style Forum douchebag.

metaphysician

Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Have you met kenpollock?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This thread wasn't really doing it for me until I got to that last part.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads