• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pix of Wardrobe....feedback requested

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since i had nothing better to do today, except for getting some sun and hitting the gym, thought i'd get some feedback on my stuff for this spring/ fall; really pared down the wardrobe to well-fitting, well-made clothing (with the exception of the zegna suit; more of a 'knock-around' i can use as a blazer or a suit, etc.): SPRING/ Summer: Zegna 2 button suit (navy with pattern, double-vented), lorenzini shirt, new Brioni tie from Scottsdale NM Brioni 3 button wool and silk sportcoat (double vented, func. sleeve buttonholes), LB wedgewood blue shirt, spring hickey freeman tie (from recent sale in dallas), incotex taupe-light olive trousers Brioni DB suit (double vented, func. sleeve buttonholes), LB light blue shirt, Brioni tie from trip to NM scottsdale Ralph Lauren lightweight blue blazer, steel/ silver buttons, SB 2 button double vented, with ticket pocket func. sleeve buttons, same Brioni tie from NM, "brass" colored zanella trousers Zegna napoli loafers FALL/ Winter 2005-- Brioni 3 button double vented wool-and-cashmere suit, LB white shirt, light blue brioni tie Oxxford Crittenden model suit from Wilkes (cool label inside), LB blue shirt, mazzimo bizzochi tie Newest shoes, expensive-as-hell shoetrees thanks.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until you posted your pics, I always associated Brioni with Donald Trump and shiny, non-textured clothes. My mistake, as you're purchasing clothes from this source that seem to originate in the '30s-classic. Your new Lobbs emphasize this point.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like everything pictured. The Zegna is no chump either. I think my favorite is that Brioni DB, simply for the fabric. Nice laces on the Lobbs.

Dude, I'll bet after buying all that it hurts to even pay for an oil change.

How does the Oxxford fit? Dumpy or slim? I haven't made my mind up about their suits. Is the Crittenden cut slim?

newyorker

Reaction score
I really like what you have, especially the Lobb shoes, the Zegna Napoli shoes and the Mazzimo Bizzochi tie.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
I find everything you posted to be really nice except for that double-breasted Brioni suit. I especially like your choice of ties, expecially the one in the first pic.

Can you confirm that the Lobb model is the Farndon? Thanks.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the comments-- the DB brioni didn't come out all that well, as the cloth is really a very-light-taupe and black pattern, looks black and white to most people. the blue and tannish windowpanes are almost unnoticable, yet the camera seems to make them look very prominent.

yes, these are the Farndons-- like em?

TimelessRider

Reaction score
thanks for the comments-- the DB brioni didn't come out all that well, as the cloth is really a very-light-taupe and black pattern, looks black and white to most people. the blue and tannish windowpanes are almost unnoticable, yet the camera seems to make them look very prominent.
Taupe? Black? My comments referred to the Brioni DB in the third pic which looks like it has blue-grey POW checks. I really like the taupe sports coat with the tan/blue over checks in the second pic.
yes, these are the Farndons-- like em?
I like the Farndons very much-I needed to confirm the name for my...err...shoe database to make sure I got the name right.
smile.gif

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Newest shoes, expensive-as-hell shoetrees
True, true, JL Paris shoe trees are expensive as hell, but they seem downright cheap when compared to these:
3pcringandhandletokey.jpg
£406 ex VAT.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
(The_Foxx @ April 16 2005,19:27) Newest shoes, expensive-as-hell shoetrees
True, true, JL Paris shoe trees are expensive as hell, but they seem downright cheap when compared to these: <pic omitted> £406 ex VAT.
Edward Green charges a tad under £215 (sans VAT) for custom 3-piece boot trees. However I don't believe EG trees are varnished like the one's from Lobb. Close to £200 for a layer or two of varnish is..umm...somewhat excessive.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
(TimelessRider @ April 16 2005,22:05) Close to £200 for a layer or two of varnish is..umm...somewhat excessive.
Take a look at the Lobb St. James pricelist and tell me which items don't have prices that seem somewhat excessive.
And the weak dollar doesn't help either...
sad.gif

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tell me which items don't have prices that seem somewhat excessive.
My absolute favourite are these felt bath slippers:
SS5051.jpg
An incredible bargain at GBP 558 (about $1000) plus 17.5% tax. As they say here in England: "Cheap as chips" (French fries).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads