• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 90 - Day 4

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We landed in Stockholm today. Was supposed to be yesterday, but an airline strike chewed up our schedule and spit it out in a fully booked conference hotel outside Munich. A night in a hotel, with a decent breakfast waiting for us was quite welcome after what our last day in Florence put us through. We packed up what was left to pack up after our trunk show with Miler menswear, headed out for breakfast (the first breakfast of the week where we actually had the time to sit down) and then off to Fortezza Da Basso to post a thread for you guys and to get a quick visit to a few of the booths. I ran into some of the people we have gotten to know during our reoccurring visits to Florence when arriving at the Fortezza. It was nice, good vibes all over and great weather, though everyone seemed slightly worn out from a 24/7 work week. Everything's really winding down at Pitti, the exhibitors are packing up and look like they´re anxiously waiting to move on.

We headed down into the main pavilion, said hi to a few friends before noticing time had passed much faster than we had realized. With our friend Charley (@Mr. Claymore) accompanying us, trying to get hold of a cab on his phone, we rushed past @unbelragazzo sitting at a café looking very relaxed in what I guess is a knitted linen shirt from Inis Meain. I'm usually a time pessimist, I want to be at the airport 2 hours before my flight leaves et c. I am not relaxed. We move fast through the narrow streets of historical Florence. We get to our apartment, get our bags to the taxi, who decides we have too many bags half way through packing them into the car and then starts unpacking everything to the side walk before just heading off. Charley has already spotted another cab for us though and we're off.

At the airport we realize there's a 1 hour line (at least) ahead of us to the check in, and that we'll surely miss our plane. I'm not gonna bore you with details, I think our Instagram posts from the airport says more than words. A guy we meet standing in line tells us that the strike may have something to do with the fact that Italy's playing a football match the same day.

My idea was to post all of this yesterday, but when we arrived in Munich, realizing we had missed our connecting flight and getting set up with a hotel (thanks for being such archetypal Germans and handling everything super efficiently Lufthansa!) all I could do was watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones and fall into a comatose sleep.

Pictures then. Besides the pictures from day 4, I have also included some unpublished pictures from day 3 of Pitti and the event by Plaza Uomo.

Check the pitti90 tag for all the Styleforum coverage from Pitti Uomo 90.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
just came here to post that. That dude looks pretty rad. I have also had the pleasure of seeing @Mr. Claymore in person on a few occasions, and usually think he looks very cool too.

Last edited:

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score

Man, @Mr. Claymore really knows how to roll in the 3-piece. Looking good!

Even in the heat it's the only way I go. I think I only have two or three suits that aren't three piece.

just came here to post that. That dude looks pretty rad. I have also had the pleasure of seeing @Mr. Claymore
 in person on a few occasions, and usually think he looks very cool too. 

Thank you. I know I'm a little over the top for the forum but I've been dressing this way for most of my life. I believe all of the suits pictured were made up for me about 15 years ago.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's a kind of weird and interesting suit that Fabio A is wearing. Anyone know any details on it? I'm guessing it's from somebody near Milan?

I thought it was from one of the many Spanish tailors he's tried out recently.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What do you see that suggests that the suit is Spanish? I haven't seen much Spanish tailoring.

The shape and height of the gorge reminds me of @RDiaz 's coats. Also the chest and shoulders seem sturdier than most Italian coats, even outside Naples.

Last edited:

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have seen this, but I think it is brilliant:

A pseudo nature film documenting the life of the Pitti Peacock and his quest for mates (in this case, photographers and Instagram followers)

Last edited:

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
I saw it. Thought they did a great job. It's the natural progression from the Mr. Porter one last year. I might say I liked that one better but it could be because Eric's and my legs are in it for a brief moment.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I saw it. Thought they did a great job. It's the natural progression from the Mr. Porter one last year. I might say I liked that one better but it could be because Eric's and my legs are in it for a brief moment.

Hrrm, before Mr Porter released theirs, I posted this on Styleforums Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/4HGVV9rEDz/

Maybe not as witty, but I claim the idea as mine :D

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @EFV for all of the awesome coverage. And having done this for a few years, without also holding a trunk show, I can only imagine Erik's incredibly constitution. And in the heat of summer? That's performance under duress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads