• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PITTI UOMO 87: THE SPREZZENING

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you guys should all roll in full HOA for the HOA presentation and interview randoms in the crowd to see why they are excited for the presentation.

I feel like the results would be part Ali-G and part that Workaholics Juggalos episode and pretty entertaining. Bonus points if some impromptu rap battling goes down.

I am sure the SF warchest will have no problem funding the HOA wardrobing.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you guys should all roll in full HOA for the HOA presentation and interview randoms in the crowd to see why they are excited for the presentation.

I feel like the results would be part Ali-G and part that Workaholics Juggalos episode and pretty entertaining. Bonus points if some impromptu rap battling goes down.

I am sure the SF warchest will have no problem funding the HOA wardrobing.
Is it bad that I have no idea what HOA stands for? I never use acronyms for a reason - can't ever remember what they are supposed to mean.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Head on arrival ?

:lookaround:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, Hood by Air. I images.google.com the brand sometimes and just get gobsmacked.

"What inspired the name, HOOD BY AIR?

It came from going to underground parties, and we used to freestyle on the mics. And one night I was reciting something, and that came out and kinda stuck with me as an aesthetic and a way of living. It’s also like owning your influence on the world…make the world understand what you’re doing and why what you’re doing is so important."

I'm secretly hoping that Pitti actually made them the headliner as a secret, collective attempt to make fun of them.

Then the Pitti fairies come up and wave their wands changing the black/white into rainbow paisley.

It's a way of living yo.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Head on arrival ?

lookaround.gif
I was thinking House of Arms, but that makes no sense either.

FatCatPhil

Reaction score
Well I'll be going too! I had some miles about to expire so I figured why the heck not.
Also someone in the ToJ thread mentioned the presence of cute swedish bloggers. Who should I sleep with to get invites to all of those lavish parties brands will be throwing around?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be going too! I had some miles about to expire so I figured why the heck not.
Also someone in the ToJ thread mentioned the presence of cute swedish bloggers. Who should I sleep with to get invites to all of those lavish parties brands will be throwing around?
Definitely not me. Um, maybe Nick Wooster? I think that David knows some people too. And @gdl203 has an up and coming store. He is going to be the new, Franco-American Lino.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm working on my version of the thumbs-up pose. It would be a more nonchalant comme ci comme ca gesture with my head tilted in a "eh" shrug. I think it will take off.

3.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have any burning Pitti questions? We can do some fact-finding for you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, Hood by Air. I images.google.com the brand sometimes and just get gobsmacked.

"What inspired the name, HOOD BY AIR?

It came from going to underground parties, and we used to freestyle on the mics. And one night I was reciting something, and that came out and kinda stuck with me as an aesthetic and a way of living. It’s also like owning your influence on the world…make the world understand what you’re doing and why what you’re doing is so important."

I'm secretly hoping that Pitti actually made them the headliner as a secret, collective attempt to make fun of them.

Then the Pitti fairies come up and wave their wands changing the black/white into rainbow paisley.

It's a way of living yo.
That's pretty close to being fact, which sometimes mean that it's the silliest reflection of reality.

Hood by Air does sorta encapsulate the entire "street goth" look in its entirety. Before that, people had to put Givenchy together with Rick Owens together with Lanvin. I suppose that that is an accomplishment. I like En Noir more though, for that whole deal.

Incidentally, @Synthese irl looks a little like a Hood by Air guy.

Last edited:

FatCatPhil

Reaction score
Definitely not me. Um, maybe Nick Wooster? I think that David knows some people too. And @gdl203 has an up and coming store. He is going to be the new, Franco-American Lino.

Really?! I'd have thought brands would see the value to keeping someone like you close.
I'm working on my version of the thumbs-up pose. It would be a more nonchalant comme ci comme ca gesture with my head tilted in a "eh" shrug. I think it will take off.

All the cool kids are doing it in Normandy.

Does anyone have any burning Pitti questions? We can do some fact-finding for you.

Is this thing too big to see it all in 2 days?
Suppose I come across a handful of amicable fellows and decide to offer a round, will there be a sudden inflation in the price of scotch bottles in their late teenagehood at local bars that will cost me a tenth of my bank account, or should I go straight to beer?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really?! I'd thought brands would see the value to keeping someone like you close.

All the cool kids are doing it in Normandy.

Is this thing too big to see it all in 2 days?
Suppose I come across a handful of amicable fellows and decide to offer a round, will there be a sudden inflation in the price of scotch bottles in their late teenagehood at local bars that will cost me a tenth of my bank account, or should I go straight to beer?
It's too big to see all of it in a full week of blasting through booths at full blast. You really need to pick and choose your spots.

Re. drinks - all I can say is that at the Styleforum Trunk Show, people put away 12 bottle of Scotch, and that @Synthese had three drinks before we were finished set up.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads