• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PITTI UOMO 86: THE REPEATS

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PITTI UOMO 86: THE REPEATS

Words and pictures by Jasper L

This week’s episode is also a recap, so hopefully ratings won’t fall to drastically. Fall is here, but there are a couple of brands from the summer show (Pitti 86) that I wanted to remind you about; brands that I covered in a more in-depth manner at Pitti Uomo 85, but that I don’t want to completely overlook. These pieces won’t be available until summer of 2015, but the people that make them do, shockingly, have winter collections that should be hitting stores now. Think of this as a teaser for what’s to come, as well as a way to put some names in your head so that you’ve got something rad to search for this season.

SEAGREEN LA

SeaGreen makes relaxed surf-swag in interesting fabrics. The designer, Sakao, also heads Tatras, so the collection has a slightly technical or experimental feel - primarily in its approach to fabrics, which are often interesting blends. You know those pictures of Daiki Suzuki carrying a surfboard? Well, if he weren’t wearing Engineered Garments, he’d be wearing this. Perfect for layering, top and bottom - and there are even a few American stockists now!

Click here to read more from Pitti 85

What you can look forward to: Lighter-weight knits and pants in fabrics and styles sure to excite your inner surf-rat.

Why you want it: You take your GoPro with you when you buy croissants - and this knit is made of, like, paper, bruh.

More info at www.seagreen-LA.com

img_3322apsld.jpg

img_332351skh.jpg

img_332485s11.jpg

img_33273asma.jpg

img_332845s0g.jpg

img_3329c5spx.jpg

img_3333a3sql.jpg

Mr. Hare

Mr. Hare likes black, whether it’s summer or winter - but there’s a bit more white and grey for the warmer months. The shoes are always sleek, always slightly dandified, always a bit foreboding. A good option for those who are looking for shoes at home in both casual and slightly more formal situations.

What you can look forward to: Clean lines, lightweight construction, a cane-swinging spring in your step.

Why you want it: When you head to an opera with the lads, you want a shoe that tells them “I’m here to have a good time, but if you make a single noise out of turn you’ll find my pump on your throat.”

More info at www.MrHare.com

img_3310znu98.jpg

img_3311b3u5c.jpg

img_33169yuop.jpg

img_33180cuua.jpg

Harris Wharf London

Aldo and Giulia remain two of the most pleasant people at Pitti, and I’m willing to recommend their family-run brand solely based on the friendliness of their smiles. The clothes are nice, too, especially if you enjoy lovely things that require minimal effort. The jackets do the heavy lifting: put one on and you’ll feel at home.

What you can look forward to: Raw edges, slim cuts, a cricket jacket, and a deep, rich, Kyoto black.

Why you want it: You’re young. All of your friends are artists. If you bothered to try, you’d be far more talented than they are. Alternatively, you’re Bam!ChairDance.

img_2748wuut7.jpg

img_2735jnu8g.jpg

img_2741g3ujv.jpg

img_27448rucn.jpg

img_27439nepn.jpg

img_2745qvflz.jpg

img_2747befzc.jpg

img_275122uv1.jpg

Inis Meain

Inis Meain should be no stranger to the men (and women - raise your hand if you’re here) of Styleforum. In fact, the only reason I’ve neglected to mention them thus far is due to the glut of press they’ve already received - and because I thought David was going to write about them. Maybe he did. Regardless, if you haven’t had the pleasure of seeing an Inis Meain product in person, do yourself a favor. I’ll include pictures from both Pitti 85 and 86, just so that you know what you’re missing.

What to expect: Incredible knits and materials in styles that are traditional, romantic, and by no means out of date.

Why you want it: You’re looking for a sweater that tells people you know your way around a camán.

More info at www.InisMeain.ie

Pitti 86:

img_2820lfsq0.jpg

img_2821n0ss6.jpg

img_2824ptsjl.jpg

img_2825yfsn1.jpg

Pitti 85:

img_1365czsd6.jpg

img_13689xs2z.jpg

img_1370b9s45.jpg

img_137249s53.jpg

img_1377blsde.jpg

img_13783csgf.jpg

img_1382p5sp6.jpg

img_1380fws9o.jpg

Haver Sack

Ian, my favorite dour press agent, had no time to spare for me this year. So I was left to wander around Haver Sack’s booth, which was stuffed to the brim with slightly more whimsical offerings than were found last season. The racks were packed with items, as though you’d stumbled into a thrift shop full of donations from a disowned great-great-uncle - and it were full of things you wished you had.

What to expect: Prints, patterns, and fabrics; all meant to be mixed and matched and worn without a care in the world. Get your wallet ready.

Why you want it: You are a cricketer on safari in a dirigible.

More info at www.haversack.jp

img_2722n8u7o.jpg

img_2723z6uld.jpg

img_27249zufm.jpg

img_2726ayul3.jpg

img_27281fu2m.jpg

img_2720dsu36.jpg

img_2719zxud7.jpg

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought Haversack was one word.

Great write up. Really enjoy the work you put out

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought Haversack was one word.

Great write up. Really enjoy the work you put out

I'm not 100%, but I think they have two lines Haver Sack and Haversack. Strangely enough I have two quilted vests from them, cut more or less identically, and one is Haver Sack, the other is HAVERSACK. :shrug:

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone in LA go check out Sea Green at one of their NA stockists?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads