Pitti Uomo 83: Classic Menswear Edition

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Exactly.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

pretty much this. its a freaking show that is about high "next level" fashion. of course people are going to pull out all the crazy stops. they are having fun, and people can hate all they want, but these dudes are happy, and thats all they care about. people done be takin pitti way to srs and need to get up off that pole they be sittin on.

sidebar - the dude in the brown hat looks better.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Yes, when people in the industry put on silly shit and look ridiculous in the hopes of getting some bloggers to snap them, we should all stand and applaud the fact that its 'next level shit' and they're just having fun.

4. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

+ 1
    Relax with your life. No one is going to die :)

5. in stitches

lol, i put "next level" in quotation marks for just this reason. im not saying its anything i would wear, or anyone should wear, outside the house or a costume party. but its pitti. thats what happens there. anyone coming in to this thread, or anything involving pitti, expecting anything else, is fooling themselves. its not a CBD party and it never will be. even the sedate pitti stuff is OTT for most people.

its a fashion show. SHOW. like a runway show, its a place where crazy is allowed and people can have fun with mens fashion. it may be silly and ridiculous, but who cares? its not like these dudes are walking into a business meeting like this. yeesh. live and let live, or dont bother looking at it.

oh, no hate ET, i like you, you have always been a nice dude. the "pole" comment was not directed at you particularly, but it probably should not have been said anyways, sorry about that.

i guess we just dont see eye to eye on this one. no biggie. to each their own. :cheers:

6. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

The standard SF retort when you've run out of intelligent things to say. Well played.

7. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member

Stitch - Pitti Uomo is a trade show - its not a fashion show where experimental or avant-garde styles are shown.

I'm so confused by the forum these days - so, if we see pics of people wearing silly outfits (at a CBD-friendly location or not), we shouldn't comment upon it? And if we do, we're old-farts who just don't "get it"?

8. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

no one's missing the point . . . . just giving them something to laugh at.

9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

There's a difference between commenting on something and getting your panties in a twist over some hats.

[​IMG]

10. Panzeraxe II

Wow - I guess ETs post #111 was quite prescient. Post some more graphics to show how cool you are.

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

You know... claiming someone else has nothing intelligent left to say is no more intelligent than resorting to memes and cliches. A bit ironic, no?

12. in stitches

define it however you like, as far as i have seen it, its a large gathering for people in the garment industry to show off. and you cant very well show off with sedate and boring clothing. almost every picture of pitti i have seen features either a person or a mannequin wearing some kind of loud-ish type garment. that seems to be the lay of the land. not to mention, i gather than in italy, the standard for mens dress is louder than what people in the US wear anyways.

people can comment on whatever they want, but it always frustrates me when people come to a place where people are enjoying something, and take a heaping dump on it. its no different than when someone goes into a CBD thread and complains that no one likes their loud plaid suit and tie. and gives grief for not being accepted. if its a CBD thread, let the people their enjoy their CBD, and get out of their way.

same here. like it or hate it, this seems to be the way pitti is. and to objectively say that something looks bad or silly, is almost never a good idea, few things in fashion are objectively one way or another. a lot of people. myself included, enjoy much of the crazy stuff that goes on at pitti. bright blue overcoats with felt collars and windowpanes, unbuckled shoes, ice cream... whatever it may be. is it so terrible to let a group of people enjoy something even if you dont? is it really necessary to harsh someones mellow just because you dont like it?

someone is welcome to start an "i hate pitti thread," even within the thread there is a difference between saying that you dont like something/its not for you, and saying something outright sucks objectively/being overly negative. thats what i dont like. not here. not anywhere.

13. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

14. Panzeraxe II

Jesus - I love how you can't see how the use of 'memes and cliches' is most applicable to you.

You and your lot can have this thread - continue to ohh and ahh over green shoes, Mary Poppin hats and the like.

15. in stitches

this is both rude and condescending, particularly the bold. is it really really so hard to let someone enjoy something without shitting all over it.