1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pit Stains

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by gotlighters, Jun 13, 2010.

1. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior member

Who is with me on not using deoderant? I rarely smell and shirt pits are always white. It's awesome.

2. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

^
    This happens to me for the most part, rarely encounter pit stains on my white shirts. I usually only work up sweats that come close to staining my T-shirts when I have run long distances and am exercising for a few hours in the heat. Then I shower usually soon after so the minimal smell I may have won't linger.

I also can be out in up to 38 degrees (~100F) and find myself rarely sweating excessively to require deoderant if I am just walking around outside and about for hours at a time. This is to say I'd be without any outer garment like a jacket much past 30. I do inevitably start sweating like a pig in the extreme low 40s. However, my climate is not nearly as hot as mentioned, making sweating more so a slight summer issue.

I think it comes down to largely body chemistry/ genetics. Then whats left mostly relates to ones activity levels, grooming, environment, and how you dress for the environment.

3. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Who is with me on not using deoderant? I rarely smell and shirt pits are always white. It's awesome.
    You probably just don't smell it any more. It's like the people who reapply cologne every time they quit smelling it on themselves, while choking everyone else. I've known a few people who could honestly go without deodorant during the summer, but most of the rest simply didn't notice it on themselves and assumed that it wasn't there. This happens a lot of times with hardcore vegans*. My roommate was also like this, and it was awful. The room was gross when he stepped in. *My little brother's best friend had vegan parents who wouldn't let him where deodorant. He actually had my brother bring him deodorant in middle school because he always got a hard time about it.

4. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

Better to wear deoderant and not need it, then not to wear deoderant and need it.

5. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

^ This. Plus you won't end up with Alzheimers... [​IMG]

6. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Use Mitchum. I have used it for years and my shirts are still white.

7. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

Just got the Tom's unscented yesterday. It's my favorite deodorant so far.

wow. strong product plug. 1, maybe 2 days of use and its the best EVAR

8. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

wow. strong product plug. 1, maybe 2 days of use and its the best EVAR

I should go back and edit that now. Unfortunately something in it can give a bit of a rash, and apparently my body does react well to it. It's a pity though, because it there's hardly any smell, it doesn't stain (according to internet reviews- I have minimal experience obviously), doesn't leave residue on shirts, and actually works. It's also cheap.

9. chicfric

chicfric Active Member

use antiperspirant. stops the perspiration. also when you're looking for them choose one with a higher 20 percent active ingrediant.

10. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Shave your armpits + antiperspirant.

This. Plus use Mitchum.

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

You likely use too much deodorant. When it's left on your shirt, it cooks in the dryer and leaves the stain.

If you're adding on more and more deodorant because you sweat..do what I did and try buying a deodorant without an antiperspirant. A lot of men are actually allergic to antiperspirant and it causes them to sweat MORE. I used to sweat a ton till I switched, and now just a light swipe of Speed Stick before the gym and I am smell and sweat free with no pit stains either.

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I got rid of the stuff completely. Bought a stick of Alum, it's cheap, lasts forever and after a long sweaty day there's pretty much never any odour. Check amazon, i believe there's a company called Christal that makes it amongst others.