• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piombo Measurments for a 36 (46)

WeirdWeight

Reaction score
Hello there, gentlemen.

I've had my eyes on a few Piombo blazers online at it YOOX and a few other sites.

I have never found a vendor in my home city (Vancouver B.C.) that sells Piombo so I can't try one on to see if I like the fit. I also can't find any online vendor that has posted Piombo measurements.

So I'm hoping someone out there owns a 36/46 Piombo blazer and would be gracious enough to take a few measurements for me; namely shoulder-to-shouler, sleeves, and length.

Thanks in advance for the information.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WeirdWeight
Hello there, gentlemen.

I've had my eyes on a few Piombo blazers online at it YOOX and a few other sites.

I have never found a vendor in my home city (Vancouver B.C.) that sells Piombo so I can't try one on to see if I like the fit. I also can't find any online vendor that has posted Piombo measurements.

So I'm hoping someone out there owns a 36/46 Piombo blazer and would be gracious enough to take a few measurements for me; namely shoulder-to-shouler, sleeves, and length.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Sizing is inconsistent, IME so probably useless. I have 2 38s that differ in shoulder width, chest, length, construction, you name it.

WeirdWeight

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. That's too bad! Wouldn't it be nice if Yoox took the time to include specific measurements? Alas.

WeirdWeight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Sizing is inconsistent, IME so probably useless. I have 2 38s that differ in shoulder width, chest, length, construction, you name it.

Would you say that despite it's inconsistency the sizing is generally fairly true as opposed to slim? I am a 34R generally (small guy. 16" shoulders.) but cuts like Paul Smith's Byard fit very well in a 36R. I just don't want it to be too big for my tailor to fix up. Sometimes a 36R shoulders are up to 19"s!

FELT

Reaction score
If they're available, you could order multiple sizes and return the ones that don't fit - the Yoox return policy is very good and the process easy.

WeirdWeight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FELT
If they're available, you could order multiple sizes and return the ones that don't fit - the Yoox return policy is very good and the process easy.

Thanks for the tip. There isn't a smaller size available so it's less a question of 'which size to get' and more an issue of 'will the smallest available size fit me'. Which is essentially a question I ask every time I am shopping.

But, yes, if their return policy is good perhaps I should just take the plunge!

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Piombo is typically runs pretty slim -- I would buy whatever size you normally wear in other brands you consider to be slim. In my experience with most brands, I always have to try on a 38R and 40R to be sure which will fit better but when buying Piombo, I don't even consider ordering a 38R. Hope that helps.

WeirdWeight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Piombo is typically runs pretty slim -- I would buy whatever size you normally wear in other brands you consider to be slim. In my experience with most brands, I always have to try on a 38R and 40R to be sure which will fit better but when buying Piombo, I don't even consider ordering a 38R. Hope that helps.

Not only does it help, it inspires me to buy it which is secretly what I was hoping for. Thanks.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WeirdWeight
Would you say that despite it's inconsistency the sizing is generally fairly true as opposed to slim? I am a 34R generally (small guy. 16" shoulders.) but cuts like Paul Smith's Byard fit very well in a 36R. I just don't want it to be too big for my tailor to fix up. Sometimes a 36R shoulders are up to 19"s!

I would say true, but see the guy below. Mine are about 17.5-18 inch shoulders for a 38.

Originally Posted by Knowledge is King

Probably yet another anecdote in the inconsistency of Piombo, but mine were not that slim. I had to get the sides taken in dramatically on both of mine.

Icehawk

Reaction score
What is the quality and construction like on this brand? They have nice appearing jackets/suits but their low price concerns me. I'm assuming fused but if the construction is good as are materials I don't really care too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads