• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Piombo Measurments for a 36 (46)

WeirdWeight

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hello there, gentlemen.

I've had my eyes on a few Piombo blazers online at it YOOX and a few other sites.

I have never found a vendor in my home city (Vancouver B.C.) that sells Piombo so I can't try one on to see if I like the fit. I also can't find any online vendor that has posted Piombo measurements.

So I'm hoping someone out there owns a 36/46 Piombo blazer and would be gracious enough to take a few measurements for me; namely shoulder-to-shouler, sleeves, and length.

Thanks in advance for the information.
 

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
1,643
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by WeirdWeight
Hello there, gentlemen.

I've had my eyes on a few Piombo blazers online at it YOOX and a few other sites.

I have never found a vendor in my home city (Vancouver B.C.) that sells Piombo so I can't try one on to see if I like the fit. I also can't find any online vendor that has posted Piombo measurements.

So I'm hoping someone out there owns a 36/46 Piombo blazer and would be gracious enough to take a few measurements for me; namely shoulder-to-shouler, sleeves, and length.

Thanks in advance for the information.


Sizing is inconsistent, IME so probably useless. I have 2 38s that differ in shoulder width, chest, length, construction, you name it.
 

WeirdWeight

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the quick reply. That's too bad! Wouldn't it be nice if Yoox took the time to include specific measurements? Alas.
 

WeirdWeight

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Sizing is inconsistent, IME so probably useless. I have 2 38s that differ in shoulder width, chest, length, construction, you name it.

Would you say that despite it's inconsistency the sizing is generally fairly true as opposed to slim? I am a 34R generally (small guy. 16" shoulders.) but cuts like Paul Smith's Byard fit very well in a 36R. I just don't want it to be too big for my tailor to fix up. Sometimes a 36R shoulders are up to 19"s!
 

FELT

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2006
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
If they're available, you could order multiple sizes and return the ones that don't fit - the Yoox return policy is very good and the process easy.
 

WeirdWeight

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by FELT
If they're available, you could order multiple sizes and return the ones that don't fit - the Yoox return policy is very good and the process easy.

Thanks for the tip. There isn't a smaller size available so it's less a question of 'which size to get' and more an issue of 'will the smallest available size fit me'. Which is essentially a question I ask every time I am shopping.

But, yes, if their return policy is good perhaps I should just take the plunge!
 

Knowledge is King

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
618
Reaction score
36
Piombo is typically runs pretty slim -- I would buy whatever size you normally wear in other brands you consider to be slim. In my experience with most brands, I always have to try on a 38R and 40R to be sure which will fit better but when buying Piombo, I don't even consider ordering a 38R. Hope that helps.
 

WeirdWeight

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Piombo is typically runs pretty slim -- I would buy whatever size you normally wear in other brands you consider to be slim. In my experience with most brands, I always have to try on a 38R and 40R to be sure which will fit better but when buying Piombo, I don't even consider ordering a 38R. Hope that helps.

Not only does it help, it inspires me to buy it which is secretly what I was hoping for. Thanks.
 

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
1,643
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by WeirdWeight
Would you say that despite it's inconsistency the sizing is generally fairly true as opposed to slim? I am a 34R generally (small guy. 16" shoulders.) but cuts like Paul Smith's Byard fit very well in a 36R. I just don't want it to be too big for my tailor to fix up. Sometimes a 36R shoulders are up to 19"s!

I would say true, but see the guy below. Mine are about 17.5-18 inch shoulders for a 38.

Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Piombo is typically runs pretty slim -- I would buy whatever size you normally wear in other brands you consider to be slim. In my experience with most brands, I always have to try on a 38R and 40R to be sure which will fit better but when buying Piombo, I don't even consider ordering a 38R. Hope that helps.

Probably yet another anecdote in the inconsistency of Piombo, but mine were not that slim. I had to get the sides taken in dramatically on both of mine.
 

Icehawk

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
627
Reaction score
2
What is the quality and construction like on this brand? They have nice appearing jackets/suits but their low price concerns me. I'm assuming fused but if the construction is good as are materials I don't really care too much.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 9 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 37 15.5%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 73 30.5%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 47 19.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 17 7.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 16 6.7%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 9 3.8%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 11 4.6%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 13 5.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,322
Messages
9,197,030
Members
193,156
Latest member
ntt

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top