1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pinstripe/chalkstripe suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cosmic, Mar 27, 2013.

1. bertie

bertie Senior member

I did not think I was SW&D (i am 50) but if you want denim or any kind of leather jackets -that is the place to learn. Your hubby may appreciate a ToJ leather jacket for example.

Guys always appreciate an alternative point of view though so please participate where you can. :nodding:

2. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

My first suit purchase consist of a charcoal chalkstripe SB 3pc and mid grey DB

3. NORE

NORE Senior member

I'm amazed by the attention anyone who proclaims to be female gets on these boards. You dudes need to get out moar. Seriously.

4. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Senior member

I agree with this one. I've seen females working in a men's consignment store and they don't get nearly as much attention as females on here. I may be a female, but my personality is tomboy-ish. Treat me like any other person! [​IMG]

5. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

When I refreshed my wardrobe my first suit was a charcoal pinstripe. I've since added two solids a navy and a light gray. The navy gets by far the most use.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

7. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Assuming a stripe is a good choice at all (for body type and circumstances), then probably the most important details are for the stripe to be a low-key color on either a gray or navy background, in a standard wool.