• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pinstripe/chalkstripe suits

bertie

Reaction score

It would be rather dumb of me to get upset over what a random stranger on the computer has to tell me. Besides, I'm here to learn more than I already know. I hope everyone on here doesn't treat me any differently just cause I have a V.
laugh.gif
If by "V" you mean the shape of your lapels - there is a small minority which prefer a high gorge. And who are your calling a random stranger?

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Sadly, no. He does look over at my computer when shoes are pictured. Or when his favorite designers are featured.

@ Bertie: That's amusing. We haven't conversed before. Now that we're having a (somewhat) conversation, I retract my "random stranger" comment.

Last edited:

bertie

Reaction score
This is probably the best resource on dressing well for dudes. If you want to learn about either classic men's clothing or street wear , you likely won't find a more informed community.

The CM forum can be a bit stuffy and rule oriented but has valuable insights into tailored clothing. The SW&D forum is authentic and honest and fun.

And hello.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
I mainly post in the CM section. My hubs doesn't do streetwear. No idea why. He knows what he likes, haha. I rather enjoy this community and everyone's insights. The amount of knowledge is amazing too! It's a very welcoming forum.

And hello to you too, Bertie!

bertie

Reaction score
I did not think I was SW&D (i am 50) but if you want denim or any kind of leather jackets -that is the place to learn. Your hubby may appreciate a ToJ leather jacket for example.

Guys always appreciate an alternative point of view though so please participate where you can. :nodding:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first suit purchase consist of a charcoal chalkstripe SB 3pc and mid grey DB

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed by the attention anyone who proclaims to be female gets on these boards. You dudes need to get out moar. Seriously.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
I'm amazed by the attention anyone who proclaims to be female gets on these boards. You dudes need to get out moar. Seriously.

I agree with this one. I've seen females working in a men's consignment store and they don't get nearly as much attention as females on here. I may be a female, but my personality is tomboy-ish. Treat me like any other person!
lol8[1].gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
When I refreshed my wardrobe my first suit was a charcoal pinstripe. I've since added two solids a navy and a light gray. The navy gets by far the most use.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming a stripe is a good choice at all (for body type and circumstances), then probably the most important details are for the stripe to be a low-key color on either a gray or navy background, in a standard wool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads