Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pino Borriello

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fm2577, Apr 27, 2012.

1. fm2577

fm2577 Active Member

Any detailed info on this brand? Thoughts? How does it rank against other makes i.e. Truzzi, Finamore, Fray, Borrelli, Barba, etc.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

2. sartorialism

sartorialism Distinguished Member

I just got a Pino Borriello and it seems like it compares with Borrelli or Finamore—it's higher than Truzzi but lower than, say, Kiton. It has stitching on the shoulder and the yoke, whereas Truzzi, for example, has it only on the shoulder. Also, the collar is attached with a hand stitch. There are other parts that are hand-stitched as well.

3. fm2577

fm2577 Active Member

Hmm true. However on closer inspection, I've found that the construction and attention to detail on Truzzi's shirts to be superior despite featuring less handwork, i.e. alignment of cloth patterns from sleeve to shoulder.

4. sartorialism

I am not sure I agree. I believe Borriello shirts are superior to Truzzi shirts in every way. I just checked my Borriello shirts and besides for the superior handwork, the patterns do align and all features are amazing.

5. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

We just got in Borriello shirts - they're fantastic. Truzzi shirts are nice, but the Borriello shirts definitely feature more hand work. They actually make the shirts for Kiton, Barba, Borrelli, Finamore, etc. I posted some pics on our affiliate thread:

6. pabloj

pabloj Distinguished Member

Great shirts, but super slim in my limited experience

7. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Depends... most of the ones we have seen are an intermediate fit - same models as Borrelli (no darts - medium body).

8. bigtimebuck4

bigtimebuck4 Senior Member

just found this thread and wanted to say PB is one of the most under appreciated brands on this site. Incredible quality. Just goes to show you how much marketing matters.

9. sartorialism

Indeed, they're some of my favorites.

Amen to this too. I may admire the shirts, but I can't keep any I find and instead flip them on eBay. :angry:

10. bigtimebuck4

bigtimebuck4 Senior Member

i think u flipped one to me lol

11. Daigneault

Daigneault Member

Unbelievable shirts. The fabric is gorgeous, and the detailing is amazing. They have a nice rounded shoulder. Really fantastic shirts. Especially for the price you can get them at. God I've wasted so much money at Thomas Pink and Saks on crap. Sigh.

And they are not necessarily slim at all. I'm at 17.5 and built well but not thin by any means, and I'll likely have this tailored a bit to be trimmer near the waist.

[​IMG]