1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pink shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stevejobs, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

:laugh: As it happens, I wore a pink linen shirt today. It's a bit cold for it to really be proper for me to wear linen yet, but whatever :hide:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. lbtemple

lbtemple Active Member

Pink is one of my favorite colors for shirts, I have several (linen, french cuff and in various shades) and always get compliments when I wear any of them.

3. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

So, got a question regarding pink shirts with navy or grey suits.
    Which color of tie and pocket square works best?

4. Galix

Galix Senior member

Mid to dark blue. Lila maybe...

5. recondite

recondite Senior member

Yep, navy bluet ties are killer when displayed on a pink shirt. Darker shades and hues of red [maroon], brown [chocolate], grey [charcoal] and green [forest] also work great; green is great if your eyes are green. I've also had success with burnt orange and purple. Yes....purple. I have a darkish tone on tone purple tie, that is a mass of swirling dots that really works incredibly well on pink shirts and chicks really dig it. I nearly have to clean it every time I wear it, because they all want to touch it. Blue tone on tone ties give a similar effect when the lighter tone reflects the pink in the shirt, if you are adverse to wearing purple.

I am not much of a yellow tie guy, but I am sure that the right yellow tie would be great day wear with the appropriately somber charcoal or navy suit for wear to say a day wedding or garden party.

Another classic daytime combo with a softer look that chicks really love is mauve ties on pink shirts. Don't ask me why, 'cause I don't know, just wear it and see.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  6. Testudo_Aubreii

Testudo_Aubreii Senior member

A light to mid gray suit, pink shirt, and solid black tie is an ensemble esteemed by vast numbers of stylish men. White linen square.

Pink looks pretty good with a navy suit, although Will Boehlke says somewhere on A Suitable Wardrobe that a lilac shirt looks a bit better. I've tried it, and I agree. With either, try ties in brown, navy, charcoal, or silver.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012