• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pinball Machines - Any fans?

MiamiRedSkin

Reaction score
Could be a weird topic to bring on SF, but anyone here owners of a pinball machine (or have a home collection)? If so, what do you got?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got an Attack From Mars.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a friend who many years ago bought a half shipping container's worth of used machines off of ebay from a guy in South or Central America. I think Costa Rica but could be mistaken. He ended up with a bunch of 90's era machines like Twilight Zone, Addams Family, etc. He restored them, kept the best of each for himself and sold off the rest. I think he ended up making money on the deal.

MiamiRedSkin

Reaction score
That is just awesome - I have heard of someone buying a storage locker filled to the brim with machines with some extremely rare titles.

MiamiRedSkin

Reaction score
Thread revival? Sure, why not. Anyone else have any machines at home or enjoy playing?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a bar here in chicago that has a bunch of pinball machines that are free to play (as well as other arcade games).

Kind of robs the appeal when you know it is free and you can always get new balls...but it also meant I played a game enough that I started to actually get the hang of it instead of just randomly shooting the ball around.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A buddy has an Addams Family that he has completely restored- added on the LED upgrades etc. It's one of about five he owns and probably won't sell for some time... he's been offered $5k+ more than once. His others are much older and in original/worn condition... most from the 1960's. He's slowly rewiring the rectifiers etc.

phoni

Reaction score
Been tempted to get a Star Wars one (shop in Calgary has 3 well-preserved Data East machines, I think) but I'd have to get rid of the foosball table, so I'm not sure it will work out...

kachaonine

Reaction score
buying a storage locker filled to the brim with machines with some extremely rare titles.
SShln1

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd love to get a pinball machine one day when I have room. The hard part would be picking which one and then finding it in good enough condition to make worth the investment. There is a local arcade here in town that has a large amount of machines and most are for sale.

I also plan on buying the original Star Wars arcade cabinet and/or Ms. Pacman.

Last edited:

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently australian comedian Jim Jefferies is a huge pinball machine fan. Was interesting to hear him talk about it on a podcast (I think it was Nerdist).

boomer88

Reaction score
Have always wanted one of these. Where is the best place to find a pinball machine online?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested in buying a pinball machine or already has one that needs servicing, repair, parts, etc. or needs more information, this site could be useful.
http://www.pinrepair.com/

BTW is any company still actually making pinball machines? I've not seen one in a few years now. Used to play them all the time at the local youth club in the 1970s.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads