• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pieces worth buying from Dickies?

stylewithease

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here. I know the whole SW&D is into kind of a workwear type of phase right now and right now there's a 50% off all Dickies and free shipping and at such a low price I was wondering if there were any pieces from Dickies that are worth buying.

I understand Dickies has some of that ghetto super cheap baggy clothing type image associated with it and I can't expect much quality wise, but it is one of the more original workwear companies and I was wondering if there were any pieces from Dickies that are similar to a Levis 501 STF, something that is well loved even though the company that produces them produce a lot of clothings that are typically frowned upon by you SFers.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I have never seen anything from dickies I would ever buy.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doesn't dickies make some nice duck pants that superbobo wears a lot?

EDIT: checked the site, the duckpants are actually under jeans. and they have some badass jumpsuits, too. I applaud anyone who could pull that off.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cholo style

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
They do make nice coveralls, but one has to wear coveralls for that to matter.

stylewithease

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
'pencil pocket on left side' HELLLZ YEA
That was actually a selling point to me. I ordered a medium charcoal one as a beat around jacket. EDIT - Nevermind I missed the 50% thing.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i've seen members (braidkid) on here take the classic bedford jacke and have it slimmed by a tailor and it looked pretty great . . .

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
dickies some og socal ****

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Get smart got some all cotton version of the classic chino work pant. Seems good, would wear. Otherwise, duck and denim carpenters pants are cool in my book (even though i wear carhartt), but that will probably not be everyones cup.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit--What was the 50% code ?

I found the code.

There are times i actually have to work outdoors, in boiler rooms, telco closets -- so getting some Dickie's on the real cheap <$10 for those type of deals beats wearing KMW's with Alden Indy's (even though i'm sure they could do the trick just the same)

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Dickies brand seems to be the brand of choice in my town among the bohemian/hippie crowd and among construction workers. I can't get into it too much myself.

Django

Reaction score
Pants, jackets, shirts are all very utilitarian. I lean towards Carhartt just because I prefer their materials. As long as you're not wearing a 3x workshirt with sagged jeans no one will think you're a cholo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads