1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of PBJ AI-001

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roland, May 24, 2006.

1. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

I know the trends are changing and tighter jeans are becoming the standard, but does anyone prefer there jeans with a more relaxed leg? I have been looking at page after page of japanese denim over the past week and I still haven't seen any that didn't look extremely tight. I am not saying I am looking for tommy hillfiger carpenter jean loose, but any recommendations on pair with a more fashion foward fit (similar to a ES hemmingway, Seven relaxed fit, or the Rag and Bone RB1) compared to the anti-fit of the covted 501.

2. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

There are tons of 501 repros with the anti fit. Sugarcane is probably the most popular on the boards.

3. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

I think most Japanese repros are high waisted and loose.

4. Pauken4

Pauken4 Well-Known Member

My AI-001's are big in the butt and thighs.

I'm a natural 33. SD-103 in one-wash 33's fit perfectly.

I got a 34 inthe AI-001's as they don't make 33 and they run small ( in the waist at least). The 34's do have a 33" waist but are baggy in the butt and thighs. The waist is not quite as high as other repro's.

PG2G: Did you under size?

5. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I'm in the same boat as you (natural 33") but figured I'd prefer to under size than over (planning to lose a bit of weight).

They are pretty tight in the upper thigh (and waist), but fine elsewhere. After a day or so of wear, things are beginning to get more comfortable. Also, I don't have the smallest legs, look at the fit of the XX-003 on the Bears model for example.

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I know the trends are changing and tighter jeans are becoming the standard, but does anyone prefer there jeans with a more relaxed leg? I have been looking at page after page of japanese denim over the past week and I still haven't seen any that didn't look extremely tight. I am not saying I am looking for tommy hillfiger carpenter jean loose, but any recommendations on pair with a more fashion foward fit (similar to a ES hemmingway, Seven relaxed fit, or the Rag and Bone RB1) compared to the anti-fit of the covted 501.

I think people generally wear these repros tighter and lower on the waist than the original designers back in like 1935 intended.

7. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I like a nice drainpipe leg, eg Rogan Originals and Sorahikos. Great for summer. However they still need to be fitted in the ass for me.

8. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

check out the burgus plus 750 hinoya if you want a kind of baggier but not too baggy fit. The Oni denims come in a straight and wide leg cut....as well...but burgus seems like what you're asking for.

9. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

update on the wear please, dying to see how these turn out

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I don't wear mine much, but the fading seems to be happening quicker than my other jeans. Or maybe its because these are so much tigher in the thighs than my other jeans :p

Can't wait to see how Roland's look

11. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

^ Mine have fadded a little in the thigh and softened a good deal, but nothing dramatic to report.

Unfortunately, these have been on hold until "Fall" or whenever it cools down here in NY. I found the PBJs to be too dense for the summer. The weight of the jeans doesn't matter, but I find the density/compactness of the denim to make a huge difference.

I wore Samurai SO500xx's for most of the Summer and these for about a month in May/June.

12. BourbonAndPeanuts

BourbonAndPeanuts Well-Known Member

Could you post a pic of yourself wearing those samurais? I'd like to see how they fit. I've heard the tightness of the weave gives them some pretty unique fading.