• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

rharlow

Reaction score
how much was the one piece peccary glove from hestra? thank you
Hestra's peccary gloves tend to run about $400, much more than Hungant. Since you asked, I admit that I picked up my Hestra pair right here on the SF buy/sell page--one-piece, full quarks, exactly my size, new in box from Skoaktiebolaget, for $160--a VERY lucky find! One of my best finds of the year! If you want a good deal, be patient and keep looking, here and elsewhere...

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hestra's peccary gloves tend to run about $400, much more than Hungant. Since you asked, I admit that I picked up my Hestra pair right here on the SF buy/sell page--one-piece, full quarks, exactly my size, new in box from Skoaktiebolaget, for $160--a VERY lucky find! One of my best finds of the year! If you want a good deal, be patient and keep looking, here and elsewhere...
amazing buy. link to listing?

rharlow

Reaction score
Damn, I guess I can be a little patient. But for those impatient fellows, the weasel strikes again. Too bad none of these are in my size. Didn’t bother to search for any additional discount codes. Semi weaselesque

https://baltzar.com/collections/accessories/hats-gloves/gloves/
Personally, I like their snap-button closure. It keeps it snug around the wrist and is easier to get on and off than with one hand than a button-hole closure. Their cork looks awesome. Hope you find the one you want!

rharlow

Reaction score
Damn, I guess I can be a little patient. But for those impatient fellows, the weasel strikes again. Too bad none of these are in my size. Didn’t bother to search for any additional discount codes. Semi weaselesque

https://baltzar.com/collections/accessories/hats-gloves/gloves/
I might also mention that a month after I began wearing my Hestras, the stitching came out at the tip of the fifth finger, leaving a gaping hole. However, I contacted Hestra through their warranty program and they accepted them for repair for free. It may have been an aberration in their workmanship, but they clearly stand by their work and make the effort to satisfy their customers.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might also mention that a month after I began wearing my Hestras, the stitching came out at the tip of the fifth finger, leaving a gaping hole. However, I contacted Hestra through their warranty program and they accepted them for repair for free. It may have been an aberration in their workmanship, but they clearly stand by their work and make the effort to satisfy their customers.

I am really thinking about ordering a pair of the peccary gloves from that sale. However, I am a size 9.25 dominant hand and they only have size 9 in the button closed models. From your experience, would I be able to get away with the smaller sized unlined peccary gloves?

Last edited:

zanci

Reaction score
I have to buy my first pair of gloves. Im looking at peccary and carpincho. What do you prefer? Should i go for hungart? Would not like to spend more than 150e. What lining is the best for cold winters? Which one is better in the snow and rain? Does hungart have any discounts on ebay or when is the best time to buy?

NycLondon

Reaction score
how much was the one piece peccary glove from hestra? thank you

I ordered custom made gloves from Hestra last October. It was a super disappointing experience. After waiting 5 months for them (not the 5 weeks they promised) he changed the order in several ways. The elasticated wrist (not part of the original specs) meant I could not get the gloves on/off. After that he would not answer emails. Pathetic.

rharlow

Reaction score
rharlow - this all sounds super awesome. how's the fit? are you an 8.25 size?
I am usually an 8.5, but 8.25 fit me well. I have particularly slender fingers and a wide, flat hand, so it's always a compromise--do I live with looser fingers or a slightly short palm size? While I would like for the palm to be perhaps a half-cm longer, It fits very snug and feels great around my fingers. Different makers have different sizing characteristics. If I get another from Hestra, I'll probably order 8.25 again, or take an 8.5 if they don't have the half size available.

rharlow

Reaction score
I ordered custom made gloves from Hestra last October. It was a super disappointing experience. After waiting 5 months for them (not the 5 weeks they promised) he changed the order in several ways. The elasticated wrist (not part of the original specs) meant I could not get the gloves on/off. After that he would not answer emails. Pathetic.
Wow, that's a shame! I'm sorry to hear of your experience. The only direct experience I've had with Hestra is through their warranty program, since I purchased my pair from a third party. That being said, I've been pleased with their warranty service and feedback. But what you went through is unacceptable indeed.

thesartorialistbanker

Reaction score
Hestra driving gloves in blue carpincho suede

7587C199-34CA-4A8C-BCCF-70F383509C41.jpeg

D71509F6-0DC5-4C01-AD3D-16EF4F1D6D05.jpeg

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking into ordering a "real" pair of leather gloves rather than the **** you can find at the mall, and until I found this thread I was very much leaning towards CJ. The reason for this being that I want something sleek, in a bright color (I feel black/dark gloves make the length of my arms look ridiculous) and lastly for them to work with touchscreens.

The Dublins therefore seemed like a good option, which I were planning to order with a Cape Yellow upper and the black touchscreen leather for the palm, lined with silk to keep them slim and snug. https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/mens-gloves-the-dublin/

After seeing some of the comments in here though, it sounds like Hungant would be a better choice for my money, but alas both their ebay and etsy stores are down until the 5th, so it doesn't seem like there's any way to browse their selection. Because of that I figured I'd instead ask in here if anyone knows whether they also offer touchscreen-compatible leather, or if I should stick with CJ for that specific need and hope for the best?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads