• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, unlined leather gloves with separately stitched thumb compartments can work this way. My usual problem with gloves is that when I spread my thumb and index finger apart from each other as far as I can, my purlicue raises so much that it splits the stitching around the thumb. That's the reason I need an 11 in some gloves, to keep them from coming unstitched in the crook of the thumb. Even with the lined Hestra, it's the same problem. Only the unlined ones with separately stitched thumb compartments stretch to fit all the way down into the crook of my thumb without splitting the stitching open.

I would probably do best to just buy bespoke gloves and the Sauso store is just a few kilometers away from where I live here in Helsinki - they will measure you right in the store and make any glove you ask them to.

Yes, a made to measure garment is obviously the best option, as everybody has hands different from another and a ready to wear glove has standard sizes that are a compromise for the most of people.
For example, I have slim fingers and the most gloves are a little too roomy for me.

podz

Reaction score
So, these are my new glove acquisitions during the past month, with the exception of the "boxing mitts" which I bought two years ago. All Hestra. The black pair on the lower right are unlined and I absolutely love them, going to order another pair today in "cork" colouring.

IMG_0992.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, these are my new glove acquisitions during the past month, with the exception of the "boxing mitts" which I bought two years ago. All Hestra. The black pair on the lower right are unlined and I absolutely love them, going to order another pair today in "cork" colouring.

View attachment 1864635

They should be deerskin. I'd like them so much more without the imprinted logo.

podz

Reaction score
They should be deerskin. I'd like them so much more without the imprinted logo.

Yes, they are hand sewn deerskin. I don't like the logos, either, but at least they are relatively discreet about it (as opposed to their non-leather gloves, which are basically hand-worn marketing material).

Tsar

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Anobody knows if Hungant is still in business? I've tried to contact them via e-mail and contact form at the website and got no reply for about two weeks...

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

podz

Reaction score
I really love the Sauso marine-coloured unlined peccary gloves model name "Heikki". So much that I now bought a pair of the same gloves in the same colour, but this time with cashmere lining. Couldn't pass up the deal as they were again on sale for half price. Kinda makes me feel a little bit better about just buying a burgundy pair of peccary-cashmere from Sauso for my wife at full price :)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest purchase, Thomas Riemer gloves in nubuck calf, cashmere lined, navy blue.

20231202_115211.jpg

20231202_115232.jpg
20231202_115245.jpg

Great material, to see and feel.

Last edited:

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course there exists a glove chapter! How wonderful.
My glove game is poor, but heading to London next year as a permanent move. Gloves shall be needed.

Current limitations:
7CBB3F9C-682B-453A-BF01-16E514C4B399.jpeg

Navy
Grey
Green
Tan
Brown
Grey
Black

Australia, current abode, does not often lend itself to a glove embracing climate.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course there exists a glove chapter! How wonderful.
My glove game is poor, but heading to London next year as a permanent move. Gloves shall be needed.

Current limitations:
View attachment 2082883

Navy
Grey
Green
Tan
Brown
Grey
Black

Australia, current abode, does not often lend itself to a glove embracing climate.

Some nice items there, especially the first three pairs from the top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads