• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Metrosey

Reaction score
I had some 'holes' on my Peccary gloves, it's just the nature of the leather, remember they are like pigs, rolling around in the dirt and rough. That means it will likely develop 'holes' and there is nothing that can be done.

gobius

Reaction score
Hungant unlined green carpincho :

Fizhie

Reaction score
Hi again!
Been reading some of the post here and thinking about my next glove purchase. There's some mentions about quirks between the fingers which gives an overall better movement. On what material is it good to request that option (dont want to sound too dumb if i request it)? Think I only seen peccary with that design meaning its an unnecessary feature in other materials?
Thanks!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi again!
Been reading some of the post here and thinking about my next glove purchase. There's some mentions about quirks between the fingers which gives an overall better movement. On what material is it good to request that option (dont want to sound too dumb if i request it)? Think I only seen peccary with that design meaning its an unnecessary feature in other materials?
Thanks!
It's cheaper to not have it. Many cheaper leathers also are made into cheaper glove patterns, so they leave it out. I have a pair of fine suede gloves with quirks, and would request it on any glove.

rharlow

Reaction score
Hi again!
Thanks!
Quirks increase range of motion in any gloves and can be made in any material. I have quirks in my gloves in peccary, kidskin, goatskin, and sheepskin/shearling. I've decided that quirks are a must have feature in all of my future gloves, there's no comparison.

calsen

Reaction score
Take a look at Hungant gloves. They're a family-owned and operated glove company in Romania. You can purchase customized gloves (you can choose the color, stitching, lining, closure style, etc) on Etsy under the name "leathergloves4u". Hungant is mentioned many times on this thread in reference to their excellent, but relatively modestly priced peccary gloves. However, they also sell gloves in other leathers in the price range you mention. You can get them unlined for moderate weather, or lined in cashmere or even rabbit fur for very cold weather. I recommend requesting the button-strap closure, and be sure to ask if they would include quirks (little pieces between the fingers that give the gloves more agility). Don't look at their Etsy site now, because they are on vacation until August 16th and not taking orders. But check them out after that time and Istvan Mandoki ("Isti") will work with you to get the right size and style for you. I recommend them over any brand found in stores in the US (which are usually mass produced overseas anyway). Cheers.

I know quirks help with agility, but what does the button strap enclosure do? does it add nice aesthetic? does it also wrap around and make the glove sit in place better?

I like the pic gobius posted and I'm sold on getting these gloves

gant-copie-copie-png.1268738

rharlow

Reaction score
I know quirks help with agility, but what does the button strap enclosure do? does it add nice aesthetic? does it also wrap around and make the glove sit in place better?

I like the pic gobius posted and I'm sold on getting these gloves

gant-copie-copie-png.1268738
Those look great. I like a wrist strap because It keeps it trim around the wrist and easier to keep tucked into my shirt of coat sleeve. My wrists are relatively slim, so gloves without strap tend to flap around my wrists and pop out of my sleeve, letting the cold air in. I recommend a strap like this, or a simple button closure.

bert9000

Reaction score
I want to order a pair of gloves from Hungant (leathergloves4u). I am thinking of the deerskin with rabbit fur lining, but they don't have quirks (only the cashmere-lined and unlined do). My question is should I go for the quirks or the warmer lining? Winters here can get colder than -22 F. Thanks!

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those deerskin gloves and they’re great...but really warm. So where I live (New York city) you basically need both: these fur lined for the coldest days and wool/cashmere lined for more regular days.

calsen

Reaction score
Is it okay if I wear red gloves? for winter I wear a black northface denali usually, sometimes a dark grey peacoat and I want to get like a dark red gloves because black and brown just look too plain to me and I feel like if I buy a nice pair of gloves, like the hungant carpincho and make them "purple" which looks like a dark red I feel, they will look and feel more special.

Also what's with their size chart? seems to run bigger than other gloves? My hand measurement is slightly less than 21 centimeters and according to their chart I am a size 7.5 glove? Where as I am 8.5 in most others?

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it okay if I wear red gloves? for winter I wear a black northface denali usually, sometimes a dark grey peacoat and I want to get like a dark red gloves because black and brown just look too plain to me and I feel like if I buy a nice pair of gloves, like the hungant carpincho and make them "purple" which looks like a dark red I feel, they will look and feel more special.

Also what's with their size chart? seems to run bigger than other gloves? My hand measurement is slightly less than 21 centimeters and according to their chart I am a size 7.5 glove? Where as I am 8.5 in most others?

View attachment 1313199

View attachment 1313196
I've got some burnt orange gloves. Burgundy is way less obvious than them!

papado

Reaction score
I want to order a pair of gloves from Hungant (leathergloves4u). I am thinking of the deerskin with rabbit fur lining, but they don't have quirks (only the cashmere-lined and unlined do). My question is should I go for the quirks or the warmer lining? Winters here can get colder than -22 F. Thanks!

They will do custom glove requests so you can ask for the ones you want with quirks and Itsy should be able to do it for you. The reason they have the unlined carpincho gloves w/button closure and full quirks listed is because I wanted quirks in my Carpincho gloves so he created a new listing.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked through Hungant's listings on Etsy and definitely will try a pair. I need mine to be able to handle occasional rain or snow so I'll opt for the deerskin. I don't own any Peccary and had never heard of Carpincho so I could see adding those in the future.

It doesn't look like all colors are available in the drop down for each listing. I.E. one deerskin glove will have 8 color options and one will have 4 (or the images show color options not listed). I'd assume you could just message them if you want a specific color? I'll probably stick with some shade of brown for the first pair but I could see green and blue in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads