Pictures of nice gloves...?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jerome, Oct 4, 2009.

1. dasm

dasm New Member

Thank you for the info and I am looking forward to your review!

2. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

They're on eBay under leathergloves2013, they have an Etsy page too under leathergloves4u (or use the exact same photos). I have messaged them a few times about sizing and they're very helpful. Held off on an order as it was difficult to find recent reviews.

3. mactire

mactire Senior member

Who did you buy from in Naples? Any recommendations?

4. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

I got them here, which was a very nice shop to visit. My recommendation would be to buy a couple of pairs if they have the leather, size and colour you're looking for, as both the quality and price are great (mine has held up very well over the last 8 years, the price then was 110 Euro - I paid 100).

I remember back then there was some speculation on the forum about the maker of their gloves (they're branded with the shop's name), with suggestions of Merola I think and maybe Madova. I asked in the shop and they didn't know (or wouldn't say). In the end I don't think it matters much, as the product is very nice.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017

5. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

I started this project back in November after a disappointing order with Chester Jefferies bespoke and a disappointing previous attempt at bespoke gloves with a Polish glove maker based in Warsaw a few years back. I contemplated just getting a pair of ready to wear Hestra gloves from The Armory or Merola from NoManWalksAlone. After trying on a pair from Hestra at The Armory the fit just wasn't quite there for me with ready to wear so I decided against it. I have a standard size 8-8 1/2 size hand, but my pinky finger is usually too long and the glove does not fit between the web of my fingers. A friend ordered a pair of ready to wear Hungant peccary gloves from their eBay. Upon seeing the gloves in person I could not distinguish the gloves from brands like Hestra, Merola, Madova, Dents, and Thomas Riemer. The gloves were lined with rabbit fur and the stitching and quality of the peccary was impeccable.

I inquired to Hungant about bespoke gloves and they responded confirming that they can also do bespoke orders. I had a friend meticulously measure my hands. Additionally, I took a photo copy palm side down of both of my hands. I ordered two pairs to start. Upon receiving the gloves a few weeks later, I think it was around 3 weeks to be exact, I was surprised. The fit was perfect. The gloves are cut and stitched by hand. The peccary they use comes from a Germany company called Perlinger. I had prior knowledge of Perlinger from the previously failed project with the Polish glove maker. I was researching where to buy Peccary hides in Europe to provide to him for an order. Perliner was one of the only CITES certified suppliers of Peccary, Carpincho, and other exotic and non-exotic leathers in Europe. I highly recommend Hungant, I just received my final order today of two Caprincho gloves using the same measurements, see my photos below.

Pardon the navigation buttons on the photos, I took a screen shot of the photos on my Instagram profile (@ps_ny)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

6. PS86

PS86 New Member

DSC05105.jpg DSC05101.JPG 20170507_224248000_iOS.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2017

7. Okitaitsi

Okitaitsi Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Catello d'Auria. Probably one of the only few places that still have multiple color options for men's leather gloves. These are my favorite and the wine colored gloves are hard to find.