• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of my family

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pict00224dl.jpg
pict00177jr.jpg
Which ones do you prefer?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
The Omega. You can send it to tiger02 Idar-Oberstein 55743 Germany
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Omega. Â You can send it to tiger02 Idar-Oberstein 55743 Germany
devil.gif
Â
devil.gif
Â
devil.gif
Only the Omega? The dial should be changed as it has got scratches and number have rust.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ernest, this is a beauty, what is it?
watch.gif
Thanks for it. This is a Hampton from Baume&Mercier. The first watch I picked up 4 years ago. Not too expensive (around 1 400 euros/ 1 000 euros on the net or during sales), steel, basic ETA auto movement, folding buckle. I guess you can find it in US for $1 000.

PHV

Reaction score
This is the most horrible photography I've ever seen.
I think he was asking you to comment on how you like his watch collection, not to evaluate his chances of becoming a National Geographic photographer.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the omega is my favorite. and your photography has surreal quality to it. good work.

chocoball

Reaction score
Ernest, heaven forbid that you should change the dial.. Have the dial cleaned, when you next have the movement oiled and serviced. That's all you need to do. Just like shoes, the dials look better with the vintage patina. Plus, antique watches lose a lot of their value if any of the important parts (crown, dial, movement) are not original.

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ernest, heaven forbid that you should change the dial.. Have the dial cleaned, when you next have the movement oiled and serviced. That's all you need to do. Just like shoes, the dials look better with the vintage patina. Plus, antique watches lose a lot of their value if any of the important parts (crown, dial, movement) are not original.
Yes, old watches should be allowed to wear then age with grace and not try to look new. Their character is their charm, otherwise, get a brank spanking new watch.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with.

I just wanted to say the dial was not in very good trim.

The zero of "10" is lost because I tested the strenght of the plastic glas with a hit of pen (break the glass).

So I wore it a few days with no glace and I lost the zero.

Brian SD

Reaction score
(chocoball @ 10 Jan. 2005, 01:53) Ernest, heaven forbid that you should change the dial.. Have the dial cleaned, when you next have the movement oiled and serviced. That's all you need to do. Just like shoes, the dials look better with the vintage patina. Plus, antique watches lose a lot of their value if any of the important parts (crown, dial, movement) are not original.
I agree with. I just wanted to say the dial was not in very good trim. The zero of "10" is lost because I tested the strenght of the plastic glas with a hit of pen (break the glass). So I wore it a few days with no glace and I lost the zero.
Ingenious, I say. I like the Omega, the Seiko and the Boucheron most. Not a big fan of the Patek.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should take a pic of the vintage Omega I bought on my honeymoon -- I think you'll like it very much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics