• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of Alexander Emelianenko (MMA Fighter) buying expensive clothes

PatriotsFan

Reaction score
Anyone know what shop/brands he's wearing in the pictures below?

1213.JPG

1215.JPG

1216.JPG

1220.jpeg

1221.jpeg

1224.jpeg

1226.jpeg

1227.jpeg

1228.jpeg

1231.jpeg

1233.jpeg

His work outfit
aleksander-elelianenko.jpg

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The man on the right should've hit the elliptical a bit more before the fight. No idea where the other fellow is shopping. Are those authentic Russian prison tattoos?

Originally Posted by PatriotsFan
His work outfit
aleksander-elelianenko.jpg

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
Are those authentic Russian prison tattoos?

Actually, yes.

One also suspects Russian prisons are not the most gentlemanly quarters.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
The man on the right should've hit the elliptical a bit more before the fight. No idea where the other fellow is shopping. Are those authentic Russian prison tattoos?

The tribal tattoos look non-Russian prisionish, but the others probably are.

I was at the Virgin Megastore on sunset and they had a book/encyclopedia of all known Russian Prison tattoos...it was pretty sweet.

Oh, and he dresses terribly...unfortunately, I think everyone is too afraid to tell him, though.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sales assistant with the bengal striped shirt and purple tie looks like a total douche.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Oh, and he dresses terribly...unfortunately, I think everyone is too afraid to tell him, though.

At least someone might have the temerity to suggest to the Slavonic pankratiast that dress trousers are not worn at groin level and that the bottom button of a suit coat is left unbuttoned.

Reborn

Reaction score
He's ok but his brother is arguably the best fighter in the world. Aleksander is the crazy one. From his wiki:
Emelianenko has claimed that he killed a bear by trapping its head with a fork-like staff and stabbing it in the heart with a knife. This is a traditional, but not common, way of Russian bear hunting.
Aleksander's tattoos are a constant source of questions from his fans and journalists. Aleksander explained their meaning in his interview on Fedor’s official website. Tattoos * Right arm: Cathedral with five domes: symbolizes five years of imprisonment. * Shoulders: Stars: Symbolize a "career criminal" or Vor v Zakone in Russian (English translation: thief in law). * Right shoulder: cobweb: Aleksander did not explain its meaning other than saying that contrary to what has been suggested by some, it does not have anything to do with the Mafiya. In Russian prisons, tattoos using this symbol typically denote drug addiction or robbery. * Left shoulder: Russian script. * Left forearm: Half cat’s head, half skull: “**** homini lupus est.” Translated: Man is a wolf to his fellow-man. * Back: Grim Reaper holding a baby. * Back: "Gott Mit Uns", meaning “God is with us” in German: for Aleksander, it’s a symbol of revival. This tattoo caused a controversy, since this slogan was written on belt buckles of German soldiers in the Second and Third Reich. For many Russian prisoners the phrase means you are totally opposed to the soviet penal system.[citation needed] This phrase was very popular among prisoners during the 60's and 70's, when the Soviet regime was at its worst.[citation needed] * Knees: Stars: symbolize that the owner will never be brought to his knees. These tattoos also stirred up controversy, after a picture published on his website revealed a swastika in the middle.[5] * Pirate tattoo: stands for article 167 of Russian Criminal Code: “armed robbery”. * “Fortis fortuna adiuvat” Translated: Fortune favors the bold. * A name on his lower abs (Maybe 'Marina'). Later covered by a tribal tattoo. * A spider web on scalp.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
At least someone might have the temerity to suggest to the Slavonic pankratiast that dress trousers are not worn at groin level and that the bottom button of a suit coat is left unbuttoned.

I don't see any pictures with the 3rd button is buttoned. The 9th picture shoes the right side covering the left which is why all 3 buttons are visible. Someone does need to get that man a belt.

Those are some pretty nice suede wingtips. Surprised to see him in that kind of footwear.

DoubleDomer

Reaction score
whoa ... a glennie original. the tie that doesn't tie.
1228.jpeg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
1213.JPG
Zoinks, I hate those awful Affliction shirts, even on real MMA guys.

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
1213.JPG

Zoinks, I hate those awful Affliction shirts, even on real MMA guys.

while I agree, and I'm not personally a fan, I have to say that they fit rather well overall on any man with large muscles, and to a certain degree (in terms of fit) they are more flattering than most t shirts one would come by.

that being said, they're still overall rather "douchey", if I may use the word.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads