• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of a proper fitting suit?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone post pictures (their own, or collections of pictures of others who look good) of proper fitting suits?

I see the HOF thread but I just don't feel I can trust it, especially with people posting comments saying this and that is off etc. And not only that, there was a thread here the other day where someone (where this guy had a cut out section of his shirt cuff for a watch) posted a pic of his new suit and I thought it looked horrible and I was really surprised when some members said it looked good. I really hope they had no idea what they are talking about, this bothers me cause a suit to me is not cheap, I don't want to buy one and get it all wrong.

So it would be great if you guys can show me what a proper fitting suit is suppose to look like.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first do a search on "fit" and study what a well fitting suit should look like. then look through the many threads on here with pictures (WAYWRN, Sartorialist Looks, Non-Sartorialist Looks etc) and make your own decision on what that is.

as a forum people will have different opinions on whats great and whats not. the information you need is all available. do a little digging and studying.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look for posts by F. Corbera or parker in WAYWN.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didnt a member compile the best of 2010 pics ? I thought that most of the suits there fit quite well

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chinoguy
I like the grey one but this black suit is FUGLY.

It's not black, it's grey, and the wall behind it is white. But since I know what white balance is I have no real excuse.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Look for posts by F. Corbera or parker in WAYWN.

I would also add Phat Guido to the list as well...

joneog

Reaction score
I think the light grey DB posted above is as close to a perfect fit as you're going to find.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pulling at the waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads