• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of various pre-distressed 45RPM's

stentman

Reaction score
For those of you considering pre-distressed 45RPM's (they come that way), I thought I would post a few pics. I don't have the time or lifestyle to do it myself.
Below (I am wearing) are some Jomon 7yr bespokes. SOHO 45RPM sent them to Japan, and I got them around 6-8 weeks later. Great customer service.
The next set is a pair of AI 45RPM 5 yr distressed that I got from someone in Japan. I believe they are just some distressed Jomons. I will post some pics of some distressed Ahikos, also from someone in Japan.
For the money, a best buy.
Enjoy,
Andrew

Brian SD

Reaction score
Wow, really nice looking hand-brushing/whiskering.

Almost look natural.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
almost

for that kind of money you could get real preworn vintage levis though

drake

Reaction score
Keyword being "preworn," I'd rather not wear jeans someone wore for years without washing...

Are the Jomon's the only model you can get a custom wash on?

Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
almost

for that kind of money you could get real preworn vintage levis though

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
Keyword being "preworn," I'd rather not wear jeans someone wore for years without washing...

Are people really that freaked out about wearing used jeans? I've worn vintage clothes forever - I always felt like a wash made clothes clean.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I would have worn the raw version for the duration of the seven weeks you waited to have them distressed!. "Free Whiskers"!! and some extra pennies in your pocket!.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Are people really that freaked out about wearing used jeans? I've worn vintage clothes forever - I always felt like a wash made clothes clean.

I feel that way about tops, but something about used jeans just doesn't settle with me. The idea of someone's, to put it crudely, balls and ass rubbing on the fabric with god knows what sort of bodily fluids left on them doesn't work for me. There's only so much that can happen with a shirt or jacket, but who knows with pants.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stentman
For those of you considering pre-distressed 45RPM's (they come that way), I thought I would post a few pics. I don't have the time or lifestyle to do it myself.
Below (I am wearing) are some Jomon 7yr bespokes. SOHO 45RPM sent them to Japan, and I got them around 6-8 weeks later. Great customer service.
The next set is a pair of AI 45RPM 5 yr distressed that I got from someone in Japan. I believe they are just some distressed Jomons. I will post some pics of some distressed Ahikos, also from someone in Japan.
For the money, a best buy.
Enjoy,
Andrew

The jeans look nice. However, you are wearing a Baltazar belt with a tucked in, what looks like a pretty crisp, not particularly slim, button up, and loafers. I really like mixing up looks, but the belt just looks really incongruous with the rest of your very conservative style. I would recommend a interesting, but much more understated belt, by say, Jean shop, Atelier la Durance, or George. YConversely, you could switch out the loafers for some Vans or Jack Purcells, and go with a slimmer, less dressy shirt - maybe something by Obedient Sons, Troglodyte Homunculus, or Age. Given the amount that you spent on those jeans, and your describing them as a good value for money, you can definitely afford the brands I suggested, and they are definitely all available in NYC. As is, and I'm sorry if I offend, but the outfit is the equivalent of Wall Street dudes who order the most expensive wine on the menu without really appreciating what they've spent $500 on.

prima

Reaction score
i don't know what it is, but those jeans just don't look right when being worn. maybe the fading looks too two dimensional when being worn.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
you have way too much money

seriously.

Originally Posted by drake

i hear washing does wonders for cleaning dirty clothing.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
As is, and I'm sorry if I offend, but the outfit is the equivalent of Wall Street dudes who order the most expensive wine on the menu without really appreciating what they've spent $500 on.

i will never understand 45rpm. my post redline 501xx look better and cost less than $25.

1001189sr9.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
1001189sr9.jpg

Holy ****! Those are Adidiems 'one more stripe, less money, I love free market economy'

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i will never understand 45rpm. my post redline 501xx look better and cost less than $25.

1001189sr9.jpg

yeah... for the price of the 45rps i could have 33 pair of beautifully faded 501, 505, etc... thanks to the new vintage shop in town that has an entire wall of nothing but beautiful vintage levis and lees.

those 45s are nice, but not worth the money.

Dick Danger

Reaction score
To whom?

You can cover your legs with $10 jeans from any mart type store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads