1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pics of various pre-distressed 45RPM's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by stentman, Sep 17, 2006.

1. stentman

stentman New Member

For those of you considering pre-distressed 45RPM's (they come that way), I thought I would post a few pics. I don't have the time or lifestyle to do it myself.
    Below (I am wearing) are some Jomon 7yr bespokes. SOHO 45RPM sent them to Japan, and I got them around 6-8 weeks later. Great customer service.
    The next set is a pair of AI 45RPM 5 yr distressed that I got from someone in Japan. I believe they are just some distressed Jomons. I will post some pics of some distressed Ahikos, also from someone in Japan.
    For the money, a best buy.
    Enjoy,
    Andrew
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stentman

stentman New Member

Again, a best buy if you are thinking of distressed 45's...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Wow, really nice looking hand-brushing/whiskering.

Almost look natural.

4. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

almost

for that kind of money you could get real preworn vintage levis though

5. drake

drake Senior Member

Keyword being "preworn," I'd rather not wear jeans someone wore for years without washing...

Are the Jomon's the only model you can get a custom wash on?

almost

for that kind of money you could get real preworn vintage levis though

6. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Keyword being "preworn," I'd rather not wear jeans someone wore for years without washing...

Are people really that freaked out about wearing used jeans? I've worn vintage clothes forever - I always felt like a wash made clothes clean.

7. blackplatano

blackplatano Distinguished Member

you have way too much money

8. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

I would have worn the raw version for the duration of the seven weeks you waited to have them distressed!. "Free Whiskers"!! and some extra pennies in your pocket!.

9. Nil

Nil Distinguished Member

Are people really that freaked out about wearing used jeans? I've worn vintage clothes forever - I always felt like a wash made clothes clean.

I feel that way about tops, but something about used jeans just doesn't settle with me. The idea of someone's, to put it crudely, balls and ass rubbing on the fabric with god knows what sort of bodily fluids left on them doesn't work for me. There's only so much that can happen with a shirt or jacket, but who knows with pants.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

For those of you considering pre-distressed 45RPM's (they come that way), I thought I would post a few pics. I don't have the time or lifestyle to do it myself.
    Below (I am wearing) are some Jomon 7yr bespokes. SOHO 45RPM sent them to Japan, and I got them around 6-8 weeks later. Great customer service.
    The next set is a pair of AI 45RPM 5 yr distressed that I got from someone in Japan. I believe they are just some distressed Jomons. I will post some pics of some distressed Ahikos, also from someone in Japan.
    For the money, a best buy.
    Enjoy,
    Andrew

The jeans look nice. However, you are wearing a Baltazar belt with a tucked in, what looks like a pretty crisp, not particularly slim, button up, and loafers. I really like mixing up looks, but the belt just looks really incongruous with the rest of your very conservative style. I would recommend a interesting, but much more understated belt, by say, Jean shop, Atelier la Durance, or George. YConversely, you could switch out the loafers for some Vans or Jack Purcells, and go with a slimmer, less dressy shirt - maybe something by Obedient Sons, Troglodyte Homunculus, or Age. Given the amount that you spent on those jeans, and your describing them as a good value for money, you can definitely afford the brands I suggested, and they are definitely all available in NYC. As is, and I'm sorry if I offend, but the outfit is the equivalent of Wall Street dudes who order the most expensive wine on the menu without really appreciating what they've spent $500 on.

11. prima

prima Member

i don't know what it is, but those jeans just don't look right when being worn. maybe the fading looks too two dimensional when being worn.

12. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

you have way too much money

seriously.

i hear washing does wonders for cleaning dirty clothing.

As is, and I'm sorry if I offend, but the outfit is the equivalent of Wall Street dudes who order the most expensive wine on the menu without really appreciating what they've spent $500 on.

i will never understand 45rpm. my post redline 501xx look better and cost less than $25.

[​IMG]

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]

Holy shit! Those are Adidiems 'one more stripe, less money, I love free market economy'

14. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Distinguished Member

i will never understand 45rpm. my post redline 501xx look better and cost less than $25.

[​IMG]

yeah... for the price of the 45rps i could have 33 pair of beautifully faded 501, 505, etc... thanks to the new vintage shop in town that has an entire wall of nothing but beautiful vintage levis and lees.

those 45s are nice, but not worth the money.

15. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Senior Member

To whom?

You can cover your legs with $10 jeans from any mart type store.