• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pics of various pre-distressed 45RPM's

stentman

New Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
For those of you considering pre-distressed 45RPM's (they come that way), I thought I would post a few pics. I don't have the time or lifestyle to do it myself.
Below (I am wearing) are some Jomon 7yr bespokes. SOHO 45RPM sent them to Japan, and I got them around 6-8 weeks later. Great customer service.
The next set is a pair of AI 45RPM 5 yr distressed that I got from someone in Japan. I believe they are just some distressed Jomons. I will post some pics of some distressed Ahikos, also from someone in Japan.
For the money, a best buy.
Enjoy,
Andrew



 

stentman

New Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Again, a best buy if you are thinking of distressed 45's...

 

Brian SD

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
9,760
Reaction score
122
Wow, really nice looking hand-brushing/whiskering.

Almost look natural.
 

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
582
Reaction score
2
almost

for that kind of money you could get real preworn vintage levis though
 

drake

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
601
Reaction score
0
Keyword being "preworn," I'd rather not wear jeans someone wore for years without washing...

Are the Jomon's the only model you can get a custom wash on?

Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
almost

for that kind of money you could get real preworn vintage levis though
 

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
7,694
Reaction score
2,262
Originally Posted by drake
Keyword being "preworn," I'd rather not wear jeans someone wore for years without washing...

Are the Jomon's the only model you can get a custom wash on?



Are people really that freaked out about wearing used jeans? I've worn vintage clothes forever - I always felt like a wash made clothes clean.
 

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
1
I would have worn the raw version for the duration of the seven weeks you waited to have them distressed!. "Free Whiskers"!! and some extra pennies in your pocket!.
 

Nil

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
9,613
Reaction score
4,086
Originally Posted by Baron
Are people really that freaked out about wearing used jeans? I've worn vintage clothes forever - I always felt like a wash made clothes clean.

I feel that way about tops, but something about used jeans just doesn't settle with me. The idea of someone's, to put it crudely, balls and ass rubbing on the fabric with god knows what sort of bodily fluids left on them doesn't work for me. There's only so much that can happen with a shirt or jacket, but who knows with pants.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,868
Reaction score
18,236
Originally Posted by stentman
For those of you considering pre-distressed 45RPM's (they come that way), I thought I would post a few pics. I don't have the time or lifestyle to do it myself.
Below (I am wearing) are some Jomon 7yr bespokes. SOHO 45RPM sent them to Japan, and I got them around 6-8 weeks later. Great customer service.
The next set is a pair of AI 45RPM 5 yr distressed that I got from someone in Japan. I believe they are just some distressed Jomons. I will post some pics of some distressed Ahikos, also from someone in Japan.
For the money, a best buy.
Enjoy,
Andrew


The jeans look nice. However, you are wearing a Baltazar belt with a tucked in, what looks like a pretty crisp, not particularly slim, button up, and loafers. I really like mixing up looks, but the belt just looks really incongruous with the rest of your very conservative style. I would recommend a interesting, but much more understated belt, by say, Jean shop, Atelier la Durance, or George. YConversely, you could switch out the loafers for some Vans or Jack Purcells, and go with a slimmer, less dressy shirt - maybe something by Obedient Sons, Troglodyte Homunculus, or Age. Given the amount that you spent on those jeans, and your describing them as a good value for money, you can definitely afford the brands I suggested, and they are definitely all available in NYC. As is, and I'm sorry if I offend, but the outfit is the equivalent of Wall Street dudes who order the most expensive wine on the menu without really appreciating what they've spent $500 on.
 

prima

Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
i don't know what it is, but those jeans just don't look right when being worn. maybe the fading looks too two dimensional when being worn.
 

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
582
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by blackplatano
you have way too much money

seriously.


Originally Posted by drake
Keyword being "preworn," I'd rather not wear jeans someone wore for years without washing...

Are the Jomon's the only model you can get a custom wash on?


i hear washing does wonders for cleaning dirty clothing.


Originally Posted by LA Guy
As is, and I'm sorry if I offend, but the outfit is the equivalent of Wall Street dudes who order the most expensive wine on the menu without really appreciating what they've spent $500 on.

i will never understand 45rpm. my post redline 501xx look better and cost less than $25.

 

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
14,456
Reaction score
4,792
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217



Holy shit! Those are Adidiems 'one more stripe, less money, I love free market economy'
 

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
69
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217


i will never understand 45rpm. my post redline 501xx look better and cost less than $25.


yeah... for the price of the 45rps i could have 33 pair of beautifully faded 501, 505, etc... thanks to the new vintage shop in town that has an entire wall of nothing but beautiful vintage levis and lees.

those 45s are nice, but not worth the money.
 

Dick Danger

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
187
Reaction score
2
To whom?

You can cover your legs with $10 jeans from any mart type store.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 249 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 8.9%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.2%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 48 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,718
Messages
9,223,022
Members
193,606
Latest member
Ceejayblue
Top