• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of Tyrwhitt shoes

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking of cashing in on some mid-range shoes at the moment.

The CT sale is making me interested in their re-branded Loake 1880 (calf) line. Before I buy though, I'd love to see some 'home made' pics of the shoes that give a better Idea of what they actually look like. I'd especially like to get a better idead of the toe shape as well as what they look like from the other (in)side.

Basically, the black captoe, the cherry wholecuts and the brown semi-brouge are the ones I am looking for.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,
Alexander Scriabin

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Scriabin
Hello,

I am thinking of cashing in on some mid-range shoes at the moment.

The CT sale is making me interested in their re-branded Loake 1880 (calf) line. Before I buy though, I'd love to see some 'home made' pics of the shoes that give a better Idea of what they actually look like. I'd especially like to get a better idead of the toe shape as well as what they look like from the other (in)side.

Basically, the black captoe, the cherry wholecuts and the brown semi-brouge are the ones I am looking for.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,
Alexander Scriabin

The cherry wholecut is a new shoe. I doubt anyone of us owns it yet. However, a few people mentioned getting them (me included
biggrin.gif
) so maybe soon.
As for the others, check the CT sales thread (the large one). There maybe some images there.

Cheers,
Stelios

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some pics of last season's CT shoes (Loake made) if that helps:

ltwyning7ru.jpg

loakes3cm.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I have some pics of last season's CT shoes (Loake made) if that helps:

ltwyning7ru.jpg

loakes3cm.jpg

You know, you shouldn't really wear bals with a tracksuit.
tounge.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
tounge.gif

For the record, I restrained myself from commenting on Odoreater's colour and material choice this time round
biggrin.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tounge.gif

It's the rage in Europe...
10_1_106.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10_1_106.gif

Pffft! Bloody eurotrash
biggrin.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10_1_106.gif

Odoreater, how do you feel about the construction quality of the chelsea boots? Have you gotten much use out of them, and have they held up?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odoreater, how do you feel about the construction quality of the chelsea boots? Have you gotten much use out of them, and have they held up?

Just by looking at them they appear to be well constructed. But, since it's summer and it's been really hot out I have only worn them once, so I can't really say how well they stand up to wear. I plan on giving them a thorough testing when it gets a little colder out.

new obsession

Reaction score
I own the chelseas in black and brown. I wore the brown ones pretty much every time I wore jeans over the winter. They have held up nicely, but I would not wear them with more formal clothes. I tend not to polish them as often as I polish other shoes, and they have developed a look that is more like a cowboy boot than a dress shoe. I really like it. But if I wanted to wear them with anything else I might not be so fond. I will see if I can get a pic up for you.

The blackones I do not like, and rarely wear, the leather seems cheap and does not hold a polish well. They seem very plasticy.... Possibly a result of corrected grain leather.

JR_Rider

Reaction score
I'll have some pictures of the wholecuts in black within a week.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
I own the chelseas in black and brown. I wore the brown ones pretty much every time I wore jeans over the winter. They have held up nicely, but I would not wear them with more formal clothes. I tend not to polish them as often as I polish other shoes, and they have developed a look that is more like a cowboy boot than a dress shoe. I really like it. But if I wanted to wear them with anything else I might not be so fond. I will see if I can get a pic up for you.

The blackones I do not like, and rarely wear, the leather seems cheap and does not hold a polish well. They seem very plasticy.... Possibly a result of corrected grain leather.

Thanks, NO. I'd be curious to see them.

JR_Rider

Reaction score
You ask and you shall receive. Here are the pictures of the "Charles Tyrwhitt Whole Cut Leather Brogue Shoes'" freshly polished and ready for action. I apologize for taking so long to get the pictures up, my sister took both digital cameras with her to school. Good thing she goes to UNC Chapel Hill, which is only 15 minutes from my house. On another note, I must say that I feel that the "subtle detailing" is rather large, as it takes up a great portion of the front part of the shoe. It looks rather nice when you actually figure out what the shape is. Since it's subtle, I don't mind, and at $200 shipped, these shoes were a steal.
HPIM0820.jpg
HPIM0819.jpg
HPIM0818.jpg
HPIM0824.jpg
HPIM0821.jpg
HPIM0823.jpg
And here they are "ready to hit the streets" both literally and figuratively:
HPIM0828.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads