• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pics of new AEs with jeans (outfits too)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I got these shoes today in the mail, and I really like them, especially the brown captoes, which I think are sick. The black zip boots are really nice too and both pairs are SUPER comfortable. Fit seems to be spot on, I guess I got lucky, as none of my other AEs fit this well. The outfit:
outfitrd0.jpg
Breakbeat Science T BR Corduroy Jacket 5EP Bootcuts AE Brown Captoes and AE Black Zip Boots The shoes. First, AE Burgundy/Brown Captoes
ae1qd9.jpg
ae2du9.jpg
ae3wc3.jpg
Second, AE Black Zip Boots:
ae4rd2.jpg
ae5rc1.jpg
Thoughts?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Crappy pictures, nice shoes. Both look good with jeans, although the looking down from above angle isn't really the best. I really like the soft, almost wet visual texture of those brown captoes.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Crappy pictures, nice shoes. Both look good with jeans, although the looking down from above angle isn't really the best. I really like the soft, almost wet visual texture of those brown captoes.

Ya I like them a lot too. It's kinda hard to shoot them in that way. I'll have someone else take pics of them next time I want these type of pics
smile.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the black zip boots the AE 'York'?

I sold a pair in burgundy to a forum member - they are sweet boots, and I wish they fit me better. I keep my eyes peeled for a pair in my size, on ebay.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan

I sold a pair in burgundy to a forum member - they are sweet boots, and I wish they fit me better. I keep my eyes peeled for a pair in my size, on ebay.

drizzt3117: nice combinations

OT: Vman, you have brought back Gunther
biggrin.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might have to get some brown AE caps now. I love the way those look with jeans.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan

Yeah, they are the Yorks. I wore them around today, they fit fairly well, the left one is the tiniest bit tight against the back of my heel but I think it will stretch out a bit with wearing, some thinner socks may help as well. I dig the look though.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and sorry for the bad photography. I will post some more combos later this week when I get the brogues and the Santonis, and I have a few other shoes that I may try with jeans as well, I'll try to figure out a better way to take pictures of them as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Even thought it's not my style I like the black boots with those. I just dusted off a new pair of hazelnut suede guccis I've had under the bed for awhile. I'll try to get a pic this weekend.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Yeah, they are the Yorks. I wore them around today, they fit fairly well, the left one is the tiniest bit tight against the back of my heel but I think it will stretch out a bit with wearing, some thinner socks may help as well. I dig the look though.

Yeah, I got the york, it'll stretch a bit, in my experience. Probably due to the softer leather (at least, it feels softer than the typical AE leather selection)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyways, I wore those burgundy fairgates all day, and I really like them. I think a 11E would actually be the absolute perfect fit for me, but perhaps the 11D will stretch out a bit as I wear them, they felt like they got a little more comfortable as the day went on but there was the slightest bit of tightness in the toe box. However, they still felt more comfortable than most of my other shoes, including Lobbs, EGs and C&Js. I thought they looked awesome with the 5EP resins, and wish I could take pictures to show how good they really look, the pics I've posted earlier don't do them justice, but anyways, I think they're a nice alternative to trainers/chelsea boots etc.

Hopefully I'll get those brogues tommorow so I can post more pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics