pics of new AEs with jeans (outfits too)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Oct 2, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

So I got these shoes today in the mail, and I really like them, especially the brown captoes, which I think are sick. The black zip boots are really nice too and both pairs are SUPER comfortable. Fit seems to be spot on, I guess I got lucky, as none of my other AEs fit this well. The outfit: [​IMG] Breakbeat Science T BR Corduroy Jacket 5EP Bootcuts AE Brown Captoes and AE Black Zip Boots The shoes. First, AE Burgundy/Brown Captoes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Second, AE Black Zip Boots: [​IMG] [​IMG] Thoughts?

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Crappy pictures, nice shoes. Both look good with jeans, although the looking down from above angle isn't really the best. I really like the soft, almost wet visual texture of those brown captoes.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Crappy pictures, nice shoes. Both look good with jeans, although the looking down from above angle isn't really the best. I really like the soft, almost wet visual texture of those brown captoes.

Ya I like them a lot too. It's kinda hard to shoot them in that way. I'll have someone else take pics of them next time I want these type of pics [​IMG]

4. VMan

VMan Senior member

Are the black zip boots the AE 'York'?

I sold a pair in burgundy to a forum member - they are sweet boots, and I wish they fit me better. I keep my eyes peeled for a pair in my size, on ebay.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I sold a pair in burgundy to a forum member - they are sweet boots, and I wish they fit me better. I keep my eyes peeled for a pair in my size, on ebay.

drizzt3117: nice combinations

OT: Vman, you have brought back Gunther [​IMG]

6. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I might have to get some brown AE caps now. I love the way those look with jeans.

7. raley

raley Senior member

I like the black boots a lot.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, they are the Yorks. I wore them around today, they fit fairly well, the left one is the tiniest bit tight against the back of my heel but I think it will stretch out a bit with wearing, some thinner socks may help as well. I dig the look though.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks for the comments and sorry for the bad photography. I will post some more combos later this week when I get the brogues and the Santonis, and I have a few other shoes that I may try with jeans as well, I'll try to figure out a better way to take pictures of them as well.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Even thought it's not my style I like the black boots with those. I just dusted off a new pair of hazelnut suede guccis I've had under the bed for awhile. I'll try to get a pic this weekend.

11. Chase80

Chase80 Active Member

I love the shoes!!

12. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Yeah, they are the Yorks. I wore them around today, they fit fairly well, the left one is the tiniest bit tight against the back of my heel but I think it will stretch out a bit with wearing, some thinner socks may help as well. I dig the look though.

Yeah, I got the york, it'll stretch a bit, in my experience. Probably due to the softer leather (at least, it feels softer than the typical AE leather selection)

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Anyways, I wore those burgundy fairgates all day, and I really like them. I think a 11E would actually be the absolute perfect fit for me, but perhaps the 11D will stretch out a bit as I wear them, they felt like they got a little more comfortable as the day went on but there was the slightest bit of tightness in the toe box. However, they still felt more comfortable than most of my other shoes, including Lobbs, EGs and C&Js. I thought they looked awesome with the 5EP resins, and wish I could take pictures to show how good they really look, the pics I've posted earlier don't do them justice, but anyways, I think they're a nice alternative to trainers/chelsea boots etc.

Hopefully I'll get those brogues tommorow so I can post more pics.