• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pics of Boots and Shoes That We Still Wear, But with Actual Wear and Tear ...

MMXIX

Reaction score
We all post pics of new purchases, but I want to see what some better quality shoes or boots look like after actually wearing at least a few dozen times or many years. The longer the better.

... and not just freshly rejuvenated or oiled/polished pics. I want to see them all from neglected daily drivers to old but well cared for dress shoes that we still wear.

For example these are fairly new.... worn only a few dozen times, but repeatedly worn all day and walked long distances in them, and have not "maintained" them with any treatments or shoe trees.

Last edited:

Oshare

Reaction score
Well, I wore these yesterday. Vintage Florsheim cordovan longwing bluchers. They were made in 1980 (purchased used) and still going strong. I do take care of my shoes with trees, brushing, and conditioners, so these would be "old but well cared for dress shoes".

20190817.jpg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I wore these yesterday. Vintage Florsheim cordovan longwing bluchers. They were made in 1980 (purchased used) and still going strong. I do take care of my shoes with trees, brushing, and conditioners, so these would be "old but well cared for dress shoes".

View attachment 1225630
They look in great shape, love the colour.

emptym

Reaction score
Here's an old, large thread on this topic:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 48 16.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 101 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 89 30.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%