• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics included - Lime shirt w/ french blue suit

mizzles

Reaction score
Thoughts on this shirt, tie and suit?

I admit I haven't a clue, that's why I'm here. I'm obviously still learning the basics.

With this suit (I love the shade of blue here) I am planning on wearing a eggshell or off white shirt with a bright pancaldi red tie w/ some blue in it. I still haven't found the right tie, but that's what I'm thinking.

But I decided to try it on w/ this lime shirt.

Any constructive critism, no matter how harsh, would be appreciated.

Thanks, Miz

limeshirt.jpg

limeshirt2.jpg

limeshirt4.jpg

limeshirt5.jpg

kennydrama

Reaction score
suit fits nicely - just get some white and light blue shirts - enough with these disgusting neon colors from the early 90s

kortex

Reaction score
I think the suit fits nicely as well. I don't like the shirt, but to each his own. When you look in the mirror, do you like the way you look? Does it accurately project who you want to be?

korektphool

Reaction score
The jacket is an excellent fit. The pants could benefit from being shortened a little bit, or so it seems from these pictures.

The shirt collar is nice, but I hate the colour, and you could have it considerably slimmed. Buy some white and light blue shirts, and get some conservative solid and patterned ties (depending on occasion).

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks terrible. Stop posting and lurk more.

Browse here for ideas.

mizzles

Reaction score
Personally I like the shirt/tie combination, but not with this blue. I feel like the shirt needs a jacket / sport coat of some kind because it's kind of bright as a stand alone.

You think a darker blue like a navy suit with this tie/shirt combo would work?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizzles
You think a darker blue like a navy suit with this tie/shirt combo would work?
The shirt is terrible. It reeks of Regis Philbin and I mean Regis Philbin from 1998. Even Regis would not wear such a combo today, he knows better now. Is it a Kenneth Cole? Is it actually Regis brand? I think you are overthinking the trendiness of the suit. yes its not dark navy but it's fairly normal. wear it conservatively. A green shirt does not make you "snazzy". Wear a light colored shirt with a medium spread.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt should never be worn. The tie looks like it's from the early 90s, in a bad way. The obviously fused suit is a very odd shade of blue with extremely high gorge that doesn't work, imo. And... square toed shoes.

Like I said, lurk more.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For starters, throw away all shirts that are not a) solid white b) solid light blue c) stripes consisting of white and blue. That should get you 90% of the way to building your shirt wardrobe. Later, you can fill in the rest of the 10% with things like tattersal check patterns.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gotta admit, when I read lime green shirt, I had to see it cuz I recently got a lime green shirt, but its nothing like the abomination above. Its a muted RLPL for the spring.

That shirt is deadly. The tie knot needs work too. The suit is not too bad, but get a white shirt or something. You look like a Japanese mob boss. Dont take my comments personally, but look around here a bit and you'll realize how bad it is.

jobro

Reaction score
I think hes going for the Silvio Dante look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads