• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Picotte Sartoria Camel Hair Sport Coat

DrPat

Reaction score
First post on the forum.

I found a Picotte Sartoria Camel Hair Sport Coat marked down from 800 CHF to 400 CHF (about $330) in Geneva Switzerland. A google search revealed no information on this brand. Please let me know if you have any info regarding this brand's quality and if you think this price is a good deal. I'm a bit suspicious becuase almost everything in the shop is marked 30 to 50% off.

Also, is a camel hair jacket supposed to be canvased like a wool jacket? This one has outer and inner layers of camel hair material but no lining or material between the inner and outer layers.

I've included some pics which should give an idea of the fit, style, and quality (at least with regard to the stitching in the lapel area).

DrPat

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this, but I will be visiting a software company next week to obtain some info about projects they are working on and future job opportunities with them. This is not an interview and I think it's best if I wear a jacket instead of a suit given the informal nature of the field. Since I currently work in a place where t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers are the uniform, the only other jacket I have is a navy Ugo Fabiani. However, I wore that in the photo on my resume (which is required in Europe) and don't think I should wear it while visiting.

I'm considering purchasing the camel jacket in the picture. It would be great if you could tell me if camel is appropriate for such an occasion and if the fit and style of the jacket are good.

I'm nowhere near an expert, but this is the only jacket I've seen which has inner and outer layers of camel or wool material material instead of a lining. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to this double layer construction?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't own a camel hair sportcoat, though I like them. It seems to fit you well enough from the pictures and is nicely styled. There is really little else I can offer you about the price or the quality of the manufacture. Certainly, if a sportcoat is appropriate for the interview, that would be a good one. Camel hair sportcoats are like blazers - they are casual but classic, conservative and versatile.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40