• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Picking a quality jacket/coat, what do you guys think?

Dagobert Duck

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a nice quality jacket/coat and I've been doing some research on my own but it's hard to actually pick one. With my research I've selected a bunch of jackets/coats that I like and I noticed I really dig quilted jackets/coats. The maximum amount I want to spend is around $1000 (maybe a bit more if needed (
. Though most I've found are much below that.

This is a small selection of what I found and like..

Barbour Liddesdale Jacket:

Barbour Matt Fulham Quilt Jacket:

Barbour Putney Sportsquilt Jacket

Lavenham Milden Jacket:

Hackett Paddock Jacket:

Kiton quilted leather coat with cashmere lining:

As you can see Barbour has some nice ones. The Kiton I love as well (way above my budget though) but I think it looks great and shows you the kind of style I'm looking for, so anything similar out there let me know. Please guys, help me out and tell me which one of these you would go for and/or what other jackets/coats you can recommend me that are close to the styles I showed you above!

Thanks in advance..

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Lavenham, as do a number of other SFers. It's cheap, elegant, does the job down to 0C and slim cut. Buy your suit size and keep the $800.

Dagobert Duck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
I have the Lavenham, as do a number of other SFers. It's cheap, elegant, does the job down to 0C and slim cut. Buy your suit size and keep the $800.
Ty, I also really like the Lavenham. It's good to know it keeps you warm even down to 0C. And indeed, as it looks right now I might not have to spend that much money, but I'm probably not even close to having seen everything out there, so any other suggestions are welcome as well of course!

Dagobert Duck

Reaction score
So any other recommendations or suggestions? I guess it will be the Lavenham or Barbour then...

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 143 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 36 8.2%