• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picked up my first Bespoke Suit yesterday

Supergenius

Reaction score
Hi, all. My first post here, but I've been lurking a while and used info from the site to choose a custom tailor and have a suit made.

Based on things I read here, I went to see Johnathan Behr in LA to have a suit made. I just picked it up yesterday and I'm thrilled with it. I'll try to post pictures later - I will be wearing it to a special occasion tonight.

I had a great experience with Johnathan. He's friendly, professional, knowledgeable and very easy to work with. He has great fabrics to choose from and can do most anything you want. I went with a pretty basic single breasted, 2 button suit in a charcoal Glen plaid. I got the ticket pocket (I know not everyone here likes that, but I do). Pants are flat front with cuffs.

When I went for my basted fitting I decided to have shirt made to go with the suit as well. Everything was done at the same time and I went in for final alterations yesterday and brought it home.

I also had him do alterations to some pieces I already own so I can round out my wardrobe and not break the bank.

Looking forward to showing you all pictures and getting your impressions.

Reaction score
Bring on information in the form of pics and pricing ...
wink.gif

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are going to regale us with news of such a suit it is normal to produce photgrapghs of the thing being worn. No ione can judge it otherwise.

The best views are full body including shoes

Front and rear with the coat on
Front and rear without the coat
Possible profile views left and right

the inside of the coat lain flat so that the lining and general detail can be seen.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Supergenius
Hi, all.

Blah blah..................blah........blah......................

Excellent first post.

Bexhill

Reaction score
Congratulations! Pics, Price and Colour!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Hi, all. My first post here, but I've been lurking a while and used info from the site to choose a custom tailor and have a suit made.

Based on things I read here, I went to see Johnathan Behr in LA to have a suit made. I just picked it up yesterday and I'm thrilled with it. I'll try to post pictures later - I will be wearing it to a special occasion tonight.

I had a great experience with Johnathan. He's friendly, professional, knowledgeable and very easy to work with. He has great fabrics to choose from and can do most anything you want. I went with a pretty basic single breasted, 2 button suit in a charcoal Glen plaid. I got the ticket pocket (I know not everyone here likes that, but I do). Pants are flat front with cuffs.

When I went for my basted fitting I decided to have shirt made to go with the suit as well. Everything was done at the same time and I went in for final alterations yesterday and brought it home.

I also had him do alterations to some pieces I already own so I can round out my wardrobe and not break the bank.

uh ok dude. you better start showing pics before i start calling you a turd

Supergenius

Reaction score
Sorry, not trying to be a "turd". I'm having digital camera troubles. All the pics are coming out blurry. I'll try to get some with my cell phone camera. Won't be the greatest, but compared to what my digital camera is doing, they will be more useful.

Stay tuned...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm having digital camera troubles. All the pics are coming out blurry.

Pish posh.

Here I am earlier today, completely out of focus, but with masonry completely in focus:

852409802_beNSF-O.jpg

Sometimes, the blurrier, the better.

- B

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Pish posh.

Here I am earlier today, completely out of focus, but with masonry completely in focus:

What are all these exotic locations you appear to be at in all your pics? It's like you're touring the Continent and its villas with an entire closet in tow.
laugh.gif

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice suit. But about those cuffs...

Twotone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads