• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picked up a pair of harris shoes today

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
It was a toss up today between the Harris shoes and a pair of suede C&J boots but the C&J's were just a bit tight. Would this be a good example of Blake stiching? I had been lusting after a pair of Chocolate Brown Suede shoes for a while now and they seemed like a pretty good deal $199... Sorry about the size I thought I had finally fixed that problem, i'll keep trying

Duveen

Reaction score
Gorgeous shoes. Let me know if they have any US 13s.

JohnMS

Reaction score
How much might I ask? Anything in this shoe in an American 8D?

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Thanks, I know they didn't have them in 13, the only other size was a 10. I actually checked sizes 9-13 just to see what made it to the warehouse sale. Sorry

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
John, $199... I didn't look to hard at the 8's they were in another aisle and just quickly glanced at tehm but didn't notice a pair...

JohnMS

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've been looking for a nice, dark-brown suede shoe.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow....those are great looking suede shoes. Where did you say you purchased them, and do they still have size US 10?

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
I picked them at the Barney's Warehouse sale in NY City. They only had 1 pair of the shoes in size 10. It's pretty much what's out is what they have. My wife might go down tomorrow, if you like I can have her check. The only big problem is they don't exchange or return purchased merchandise...

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks Rider. I have not heard the term rapid yet. What would it be called when you see the stiching through the sole?

kidkim2

Reaction score
Urban Warrior--

Fine, fine looking shoes.  And great pics.

(You seem to be laboring under the delusion that posted pictures can be too big--that is to say, too detailed.  For my money, that's like complaining that a diamond is "too sparkly.")

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
kidkim2, thanks. I am just afraid our members with a dial up connection will have to wait 5-10mins for them to load etc...

djkovner

Reaction score
I never heard of Harris shoes before. Can you comment on their quality vs. C&J? Thx.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks Rider. I have not heard the term rapid yet. What would it be called when you see the stiching through the sole?

That's just the second stitch that connects to the top stitch thru the welt. These bottoms are channeled, so you will eventually (depending on wear pattern) see the stitch.

There is a cut-out picture of this construction in the Romano Martegani thread posted awhile back by jcusey.

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Rider, thank again.
djkovner, I can not comment on how they compare to C&J's as I don't own any C&J's yet... From the few that I have handled I think that the Harris shoes are a bit better than C&J's regular line as for as more handwork etc... However I am not sure if they are up to the level of C&J's Handgrade Collection. In all fairness to C&J you could probablly only do a comparison to the Harris shoes with the Handgrade line because that is how Harris is marketing them... Just a guess though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads